9th Wirksworth Model Railway Exhibition, Derbyshire.

Unknown Warrior

Its that time of the year again: The Wirksworth Model Railway Weekend at 3 venues around Wirksworth (reasonably close together). There are 18 layouts from Z Gauge to 0 gauge including 0N30, with full trade support.

There will also be a full service on the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway down to Duffield and up to Ravenstor. No. 3, Our Andrew Barclay 0-4-0ST, will be performing both days on the Ravenstor Incline, her last appearance this season before winter maintenance.

On Saturday Evening there will be a Fish and Chip Special from Wirksworth to Duffield and Back.

Free Parking at Wirksworth Station, Ecclesbourne Valley or arrive bytran from Duffield. EVR Services connect with every other Matlock Branch train from Derby and Matlock, see timetable in link below.

Full details at: http://www.e-v-r.com/eventinfo/

List of Layouts at Wirksworth Exhibition:

Town Hall:

Catley Rounhouse, 0 Gauge.

Coton Sidings EM Gauge.

Fontbeau H0 Gauge (French)

Zorba's Mine 0n30. Lignite Mine in Crete.

Tuscarora Mine 0n30. Colorado.

Parish Rooms:

Hope Junction N gauge. East Midlands, Modern Image.

Museum of Transport. 4 mm.

Coton-on-Dove. EM Gauge North Staffs 1920's + 2'3" tramway.

Church Lane Sidings 00 Gauge. 1970's BR.

Derby Free-Mo. H) American.

Edgedale Sidings 7 mm. Single track Branch, 1950's BR.

Idleway 00 Gauge. BR Shunting Layout.

Zell. H0 gauge, Swiss.

Roanoke Roundhouse H0 Gauge. USA.

Memorial Hall.

Vicapano, Z Gauge, Continental.

Valley Hill Top Station 00 gauge. British.

Bygone Model Railways. Twin Trix.

• RMweb Gold

One omission from the Town Hall - Summat Colliery will be there with me and disco-dave on the Saturday and me and nesst2 on the Sunday.

I'll be knocking on the door at 8am Saturday ready to set-up - hope to see loads of RMwebbers over the weekend.

The 2-8-2 will be there for all to see along with the usual line-up. I'll also be using my rolling road/power panel set-up for the first time too!

Sorry I missed Summat Colliery off the list. I can confirm that it is in the programme. Look forward to seeing you on Sunday. I am on the Footplate of Number 3 on the incline service to Ravenstor on Saturday, so will be in for 7.00am in the Station Yard.

Will be at the Parish Rooms for 3.00pm today to see you in Alan and yes the kettle will be on!

• RMweb Gold

Serviced "Harry" last night in readiness for two days hard shunting (found a wheel pickup that has never been touching the wheel back!). Whilst he was apart I took the opportunity to probe the older Lenz Standard (not PLUS) decoder for the attachment point for a stay alive capacitor.

I have an hour this afternoon so I might just hack more off the weight to fit a medium sized cap in (1000uF should fit)

Anyway, will be packing up tonight ready for an early start Saturday morning - see you there!

Most of the layouts and trade stands set up. Just got home! Looks good.

Early start tomorrow morning to light up No.3 as I am on the footplate all day so come down and see me when you have been round the exihibtion.

Don't forget the Fish and Chip Special to Duffield tomorrow night. Personal booking to 1600 hours!

What an absolutely cracking weekend.The Fish and Chip Special deserves special mention, we even had 'connecting' trains at Duffield! Brilliant! Massive thanks to everyone involved, already been asked by Mike about next years exhibition. Another GREAT Wirksworth show.

Alan

Archived