Q Stock on Croxley Wiggenhall Road Depot !

Xerces Fobe2

Here are Q Stock cars that I purchased as a job lot from Charlie Petty of DC Kits earlier this year apart from the Q38 which is a Radley Models kit.

QM1edt.jpg

The six Q Stock cars are painted and now need bogies and glazing which will be done in due course.

We are considering having a period at Shows were we only run Underground stock on the layout. The fictitious scenario is that there were insufficient BR EMU's to run the branch so a couple of 3 car sets of Q stock were used and then there is the Pannier and Sarah Siddons! grin.png

Normal service with Class 501's will still rein for the most part though! laugh.png

They look great Nigel, looking forward to seeing them 'on shed' from time to time. What colour topcoat are you using for LT Red?

Cheers,

~ Gary

Hi Gary

The top coat is a real cocktail starting with a layer of Halford's "Toyota Red 3E5" then Games Workshop "Blood Red" acylic lightly applied by bush, next Games Workshop "Redab Black" lightly applied and to finish a coat of Johnsons Klear!

Nigel

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A great looking train, but the "1938" car is in fact an R stock non driving motor from 1947/9. Similar to the Q38 but has sliding doors at both ends unlike the Q38s which like the CO/CPs were all designed to be driving cars but with the cabs devoid of driving gear and no cab windows. I wish DC Kits would reissue the Q27 and Q35 cars to go with the Radley models. I hope to see your Q stock at some stage.

Chris

A great looking train, but the "1938" car is in fact an R stock non driving motor from 1947/9. Similar to the Q38 but has sliding doors at both ends unlike the Q38s which like the CO/CPs were all designed to be driving cars but with the cabs devoid of driving gear and no cab windows. I wish DC Kits would reissue the Q27 and Q35 cars to go with the Radley models. I hope to see your Q stock at some stage.

Chris

Thanks Chris I did have some doubts about this coach however I think in the short term i will still pretend itis a Q stock trailer :rolleyes:

Nigel

That's exactly what I thought when I saw this, Nigel. It may not be quite right but it more than passes muster when you take the view of the whole train into account.

At a later date, you can build/buy the rest of the R stock train and put a proper Q38 coach into the Q stock train. :)

Incidentally, there was at least one O/P stock car with R stock ventilators fitted as part of the development process.

Archived