Durham Trains Of Stanley - First Class service.

Guest baldrick25

Guest baldrick25

Yesterday I was trawling the web looking for some cheap DCC chips and found that Durham Trains of Stanley had the TrainSave TSV01A on offer at £9.80, a lot cheaper than the competitors who now seem to be £11.50-ish.

http://durhamtrainso...roducts_id=5734

I telphoned to see that they were in stock , and bought all they had with free postage thrown in. Less than 24 hours later they have arrived , well packed, and spot on to my requirements.

I rang a few minutes ago to confirm safe and fast receipt , and they have already restocked, so I bought some more. Excellent service from an obliging retailer. Well Done Durham Trains.

Edited by baldrick25

• 5 weeks later...
Guest baldrick25

Bought a class 23 Baby Deltic Heljan no 2300 for £89.95 plus £3.95 post yesterday- arrived today from Durham Trains of Stanley. The cheapest I've seen anywhere . Excellent service at a good price...

http://durhamtrainsofstanley.co.uk/my_store/index.php?main_page=products_new&disp_order=6&page=2

( The 'page' may change as new items are added.)

Bought a class 23 Baby Deltic Heljan no 2300 for £89.95 plus £3.95 post yesterday- arrived today from Durham Trains of Stanley. The cheapest I've seen anywhere . Excellent service at a good price...

http://durhamtrainso..._order=6&page=2

( The 'page' may change as new items are added.)

As has already been suggested, this should really be in the model shop guide forum. As I understand it the Smaller Suppliers forum is really intended for the small manufacturers who usually supply direct to their customers.

• RMweb Premium
Excellent service from an obliging retailer. Well Done Durham Trains.

I'd like to echo that. I placed my first (but certainly not my last) order with Durham trains yesterday (Friday). The goods, which were very competitively priced, arrived today, Saturday. You just can't beat service like that.

DT

• 6 months later...

I've used Durham trains a lot at shows and they've always been good on price for secondhand stuff. I actually managed to visit the shop in Stanley for the first time a week or two ago, as the residents across the road were all out in their cars for a change so I was able to park a tractor and 40 foot trailer to pop inside (every other time I've been going past I've been thwarted by nowhere to park the rig!). It's a well presented shop with good service.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

My work took me to Birtley, so I found the time to pop in. Very good range, including all the handy bits too. I bought a Hornby Maunsell coach at a very good price.

It is worth noting that there is good access here, and whilst no dedicated parking, I am always able to find a space on the not too busy road outside to park my large artic lorry whilst I pop in.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Durham Trains of Stanley will be at Spennymoor show 9th & 10th May 2015. Mick has supported us for years as trade support and always brings a great selection to our events. Great Model shop and highly recommended

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Durham Trains of Stanley will be at Spennymoor show 9th & 10th May 2015. Mick has supported us for years as trade support and always brings a great selection to our events. Great Model shop and highly recommended

Looking forward to next weeks show.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I've been meaning to post a review here for a few weeks now...

I cannot recommend Durham Trains highly enough. I recently traded-in a collection of items as part of my move from 4mm scale to 0 Gauge and the service offered has been second to none. It is a cracking shop - carries a great range of stock, with a friendly and welcoming atmosphere and Mick has been so helpful and patient throughout, even when faced with a barrage of emails and questions from myself!

If you are based in the North East, or even further afield, it is worth a trip, you definitely won't be disappointed. Otherwise, the website is excellent and offers a fantastic selection at great prices.

No connection except for being a very satisfied customer. I'll be back soon to start my 0 Gauge adventure, once I have decided exactly what to invest in!!

First class service all round and I'd be happy to recommend to anyone.

David

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

A belated post but I just want to give the utmost praise to Durham Trains again.

Mick went beyond the call of duty in obtaining an item for me a couple of months ago and I cannot be more compelimentary of the service. Thanks, my Hudswell Clarke is my pride and joy! :) I'll be back with my next order very soon!

Well worth a look if you are in the North East and also boasts an excellent website for ordering online. I cannot recommend Durham Trains highly enough.

Edited by south_tyne

• 3 months later...

This is my nearest 'proper' model shop (at over an hour away), though I have not yet visited.  A couple of weeks ago, I found myself within diversion distance of Stanley, but without much slack in the schedule.

I was armed only with Google Maps on the 'phone.  Unfortunately, Google simply wouldn't map the area around the shop's 'map pin', so, after using up all my available time driving round searching for the shop in vain, I had to abandon the search.

Where is it?!? 

• RMweb Gold

Hi Edwardian,

I've reported this to Google in the past. The Google Maps indicator is pointing to the wrong place!

See attached map and photo of shop frontage.......

I had a similar problem wneh I went to see Mick - I arrived after the shop had shut.

Anyway - hope this helps if you are going to try and visit again.

Thanks

post-6887-0-78367200-1480433657_thumb.jpg

post-6887-0-98012000-1480433846_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scottish Modeller

Hi Edwardian,

I've reported this to Google in the past. The Google Maps indicator is pointing to the wrong place!

See attached map and photo of shop frontage.......

I had a similar problem wneh I went to see Mick - I arrived after the shop had shut.

Anyway - hope this helps if you are going to try and visit again.

Thanks

Thanks very much indeed for that.  That is incredibly helpful and reassuring.

But, crumbs, I was so near!!!!

Station Road/Church Bank are both one way, making effectively a big roundabout with houses in the middle. As soon as you turn into Station road off the main bypass, it swings hard right and you will see Durham trains in the row on the left. Parking is available on the right side of the road, so look out quickly for a parking space. If not come back up Church Bank and go for another pass. I've parked a 44 ton lorry here legally before, so it can be done!

The shop is bigger on the inside than it looks on the outside. Always plenty of secondhand as well as new stuff. I haven't been in ages because I stopped going to International Cuisine at Consett which has more recently been the reason that I am passing the place.

• Like 1