Durham Trains Of Stanley - First Class service.

Guest baldrick25

Station Road/Church Bank are both one way, making effectively a big roundabout with houses in the middle. As soon as you turn into Station road off the main bypass, it swings hard right and you will see Durham trains in the row on the left. Parking is available on the right side of the road, so look out quickly for a parking space. If not come back up Church Bank and go for another pass. I've parked a 44 ton lorry here legally before, so it can be done!

The shop is bigger on the inside than it looks on the outside. Always plenty of secondhand as well as new stuff. I haven't been in ages because I stopped going to International Cuisine at Consett which has more recently been the reason that I am passing the place.

Thank you for the tips. That is very helpful, and it sounds well worth the trip.

Now all I need is enough time, the use of the car, and no one to notice what I'm up to. 

• 2 years later...

Just a quick one to say thank you to Mick for his exemplary service once again. He specially ordered some O gauge bits and pieces for me despite not having them in as usual stock. He was so accommodating and helpful and it all arrived quickly. Always get a friendly welcome when visiting the shop too.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Durham Trains and Mick to anyone. First class service and a fantastic range of stuff is available in store. If you get a chance, it is definitely worth the trip up to Stanley! We are very lucky to have such a great model shop in this part of the world.

Thanks again,

David

Edited by south_tyne
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

On Thursday I attended a music session in Newcastle at lunchtime and another in Hexham in the evening (both a long way from home).  I needed some model railway scenic bits and spotted that we had time to go to Durham Trains of Stanley between the sessions.  Great shop, lots of stock, well laid out, friendly and helpful.  Got everything I needed. Excellent.  Might be a few more diversions where we are back up in the North East.

• Like 2