Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Will hell freeze over before anyone does a Bullied Leader Class?

mattog

But is Hell endothermic or exothermic?

Does it matter?

http://www.snopes.co...e/exam/hell.asp

I'd imagine that the fireman's compartment on the Leader was definitely a bit like Hell for the poor fireman.

As an entity, the Bulleid Leader was most certainly exothermic, though of course one could argue that the pistons/motion were endothermic.

As to hell, I'll leave that to the philosophers. Augustine of Hippo perhaps?

Guest Belgian

If Leader had survived would that number plate with a curly six have been replaced by one with a straight six?

Bernard

Probably a V8! :stinker:

JE

• 2 months later...

Loconotion have a new comment on the Leader Project website. Simply stating:

'PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM TRYING TO CONTACT THE ACTUAL PERSONS WHO WERE SUPPOSED TO BE WORKING ON THIS ON MY BEHALF.  I HAVE NO MORE INFORMATION  AVAILABLE'

http://www.loconotion.co.uk/page3.php

It seems that climatic conditions in hell are stable for the forseable future.

Edited by Grasslands
  • Like 1

It's a bit concerning that they still use the Dapol logo as implied endorsement of the project on the page.

The announcement was in Hornby mag's January 2009 issue so I make it 3 years and 10 months since it was announced. We know that absolutely nothing has been done beyond preliminary budget costings from a manufacturer which will have substantially changed over the intervening years anyway. It only took Bullied 3 years to design and build the real thing which had a couple of years service. Even if the project was resuscitated today it's unlikely the gestation of the model would better the rise and fall of the real thing.

The website quotes:

Recently we have also decided to start commissioning models from major manufacturers as many will be aware we are in the process

of commissioning a OO Gauge model of the Bullied Leader and hope this will be the first of many new models. A NEW WEBSITE REGARDING THIS IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION.

As this is posted after comments relating to the new shop opening in July 2012 they seem to be giving an appearance of punching above their weight and I'd be very wary of someone with a track record of closure/relocation and reference to issues seeking to obtain part-payment (on account) in advance of delivery:

As soon as sufficient orders are achieved we will ask for payment to be made to an account, details of which will be sent to you, and as soon as your money is recieved, a receipt will be sent to you.When we ask for your money, we will also require you to choose the livery you wish for your model, and whether or not you wish it to be weathered for a small extra charge.

I'd certainly steer clear. In their own words:

Loconotion Models is a small family run model shop, and as such is in no position to finance such a model in advance.

• Like 1

Alternative leadership.

Heljan, who are the reigning niche/prototype/small class champions in RTR OO, are underway on their first UK steam subject - and it's an articulated type. Given their track record of exhaustively working their way through genres, that means they are likely to produce all the other UK steam articulated classes. So once the mighty U1 and Sturrock steam tender 0-6-0s are dealt with, that only leaves....

• Like 3

Loconotion Models is a small family run model shop, and as such is in no position to finance such a model in advance.

I'm not sure if they've fully grasped how capitalism works. They should put up enough of their own cash to at least get the project off the ground and have something to show to potential purchasers. At the moment it sounds like they've had a 10 minute phone call with somebody at Dapol about how much the model might cost and then fired off a press releases.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...
  • RMweb Premium
On ‎22‎/‎09‎/‎2012 at 12:59, pete_mcfarlane said:

I'm not sure if they've fully grasped how capitalism works. They should put up enough of their own cash to at least get the project off the ground and have something to show to potential purchasers. At the moment it sounds like they've had a 10 minute phone call with somebody at Dapol about how much the model might cost and then fired off a press releases.

Maybe they had a TARDIS and got a glimpse of how companies would make models in the future.......

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Edge said:

Its something that I have sort of on the back (or turf) burner for my shapeways shop. Was hoping to pick up a Bachmann 66 to use the chassis to use it

This of course is the great potential irony of the Leader in model form: with a modern centre motor drive it would almost certainly have better haulage capacity and performance refinement than any RTR OO steam model. If you could find suitable 20mm diameter BFB wheelsets to fit to the bogies, the mechanism would still fit, after bevelling the top of the chassis block casting's sides to match the profile of the Leader's roof. And then you could use it on a 40 coach ACE with a 100mph end to end schedule (and never mind it would have been out of coal and water within an hour's running).

6 hours ago, 34theletterbetweenB&D said:

This of course is the great potential irony of the Leader in model form: with a modern centre motor drive it would almost certainly have better haulage capacity and performance refinement than any RTR OO steam model. If you could find suitable 20mm diameter BFB wheelsets to fit to the bogies, the mechanism would still fit, after bevelling the top of the chassis block casting's sides to match the profile of the Leader's roof. And then you could use it on a 40 coach ACE with a 100mph end to end schedule (and never mind it would have been out of coal and water within an hour's running).

Certainly true of my N gauge version - 14 coaches quite happily.  

• Like 4

On ‎13‎/‎10‎/‎2011 at 14:40, Tim Hale said:

The depressing truth is that so many more worthy prototypes are ignored in favour of singletons. How many more of these will receive frothing support whilst 2-Bils, Stanier Moguls, J15's will never feature in anyone's RTR list?

Tim

Hmmm...