HAYMARKET CROSS 1961/62 East Coast main line shed

silverlink

Andy Forgot to ask you before, how do you get the smoke effect which I assume is done in Photoshop? Regards David

Create a separate layer for the smoke and manually brush it in bit by bit semi-transparently with various shades and/or create another layer with rendered clouds which you can clone from onto the 'smoke layer'.

With a visit to Stafford show planned for 2/3rd Feb I have been getting things in order, one of the outstanding things I have been trying to get sorted is the coaling stage. I have been searching high and low for some kind of cart for dropping coal which is loaded direct from coal wagon. I managed to find a four wheel cart which is made by RT Models and although 009 it fits in perfectly with my layout. I intend to have around fifteen of these and have managed to get eleven completed. Picture shows them in place at coaling stage. 

post-4401-0-18493100-1359138990_thumb.jpg

I will add the others when they arrive from RT models, Please come and say hello at Stafford.

Ian H   

Yes, all in hand to be done. Nick who built the reporting hut is on with building as I write, the two are very simular, the coal drop had two metal uprights with chains which hooked onto the wagons this we are looking into to try and get it as near correct as we can.

Ian H 

Ian,

I thought for aminute you had been on the"Juice" with your remarks about the RT Models wagons.A quick look with the vari-focals and I thought they are 16 ton wagons what is this man saying,then enlarged Photo and all was revealed.Good Luck at Stafford,I take it the weather in your neck of the woods is favourable to travel. :sungum:  :sungum:

Kindest Regards,Derek.

Hi Derek,

We got a fair bit of snow last night but it is melting now, so hopefully all should be well for travelling next weekend...fingers crossed. We are all looking forward to Stafford show. I'll probably spending most of my time with North of England Line, but might just pop over to HX as I think Ian and the team may be inundated with questions after BRMs excellent article and photos. We normally have a bigger team for HX, but have tried to keep costs down by combining the two layouts for this show.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi

Fantastic layout - amazing photos. I was very impressed with your control panel - one of the neatest I have seen. I have recently started a new layout and will be facing making a control panel in the the not too distant future. At a convenient moment would you be kind enough to give some idea of how you made it - materials used etc.

Regards

Paul

Hi

Fantastic layout - amazing photos. I was very impressed with your control panel - one of the neatest I have seen. I have recently started a new layout and will be facing making a control panel in the the not too distant future. At a convenient moment would you be kind enough to give some idea of how you made it - materials used etc.

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

Please see post 46 for a quick resume. I know Ian won't mind me jumping in. We are getting more panels done by this firm for other layouts as they do a brilliant job with them.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Paul,

Please see post 46 for a quick resume. I know Ian won't mind me jumping in. We are getting more panels done by this firm for other layouts as they do a brilliant job with them.

Cheers,

Mike

Perfect thank you. Sorry hadn't read all of the posts!!!

great layout. I really enjoyed the BRM article, and if those "cutting-floor" shots are anything to go by I would think the magazine should be twice as thick every month! I know it can't be, but it's a shame for shots like that to go to waste. :)

I loved the BRM article and i am now considering something like yours for my first layout when i get around to building it. I hope to see it at some exhibitions this year, unfortunately i cant make it to Stafford.

Many thanks for you comments, I'm sorry you can't get to Stafford but the next time out will be 18/19th May at Manchester with L&Y DCC show.

thanks

Ian H 

Hi all, I really am looking forward to seeing HC at Stafford on Saturday, It was just behind my Glen Roy at Barrow Hill last year but I never had time to get as many pics as I wanted to,

Looking forward to seeing you all, and  I hope you have a good weekend.

Andy.

• 4 months later...

Hi Ian

Great to see you again at the Manchester Exbn, and thanks for taking the time to chat with me and my pal.

Will be coming to the Alsager Exbn in November as it is on our doorstep pretty well. Another of my pals would be interested to learn more about your turntable operation and indexing.

Have good summer

Best wishes.......Bob

Hi Ian

Great to see you again at the Manchester Exbn, and thanks for taking the time to chat with me and my pal.

Will be coming to the Alsager Exbn in November as it is on our doorstep pretty well. Another of my pals would be interested to learn more about your turntable operation and indexing.

Have good summer

Best wishes.......Bob

Bob,

I look forward to seeing you & i'll try and explain how the turntable works.

Ian

how many Deltics does one layout need!

Seriously enjoyed the video - makes me think about going DCC/ Sound and as the layout is in bits it might be the best tie to do it - can you leave steamers 'simmering' while not working?

how many Deltics does one layout need!

Seriously enjoyed the video - makes me think about going DCC/ Sound and as the layout is in bits it might be the best tie to do it - can you leave steamers 'simmering' while not working?

To answer your first question 22!

No not really, at a show I will usually have three or four with me three of which are sound the other as spare. Regarding your other question yes you can leave steam loco's simmering in the yard in fact most have random sounds like blowing off and shovelling coal etc. Its the same with diesels as they can stand with engines ticking over while not in use.

Thanks

Ian H

Archived