BRM January 2010

Dicky W

Hello everyone - here's what's coming up in the January 2010 BRM: -

In Platform this month, John Emerson reports on the end of an era as David Brown steps down as Managing Editor and Editor of sister magazine Traction. David, together with the late Michael Warner were involved in the launch of BRM in 1993.

News and product reviews

A look at Tower Model's new RTR 'Pug', new train packs from Hornby, new buffers from Markits and Model Railway Developments and a ready-to-assemble model of a Class 319 from Bratchell Models. Reviewed this month are a Dapol Class 156 and a Parkside Dundas O gauge cattle wagon kit.

Layout focus

Ketton Castle - a local layout for the Northants & Cambs Area Group of the N Gauge Society and Cheddar, a winner of the Scaleforum Challenge by Chris and Simon Challis.

Starting out

The first of four 'beginners' features concerning the construction of the BRM project layout Canons Cross, based on Cyril Freezer's 'Minories' track plan.

DCC Spot

Nigel Burkin gives hints and tips on the installation of sound decoders.

Bring toy layout to life!

This month Paul Bason looks at horse-drawn transport.

Layout construction

Andy Hopper shows how a design from the famous engineer of the Great Western provided the solution for supporting his Southern Railway layout, Manston Airport.

Freight only

Adrian Marks constructs a gauge 1 private owner wagon kit from Slater's.

Rolling stock

How to close-couple the Farish 'Voyager' by Nigel Burkin.

Structure modelling

Pete Waterman describes the construction of the terraced houses on his Leamington layout.

Scenic modelling

Scenic work begins on Tony Wright's Little Bytham layout project.

Freight only

Harold Smith looks at the 'Weltrol' wagon in his occasional 'Exceptional by Design' series.

Toy division

David Brown reminisces about his first Trai-ang train set.

• RMweb Gold

I really enjoyed the article on building and especially weathering a 1/32 scale coal wagon.I believe the author,Adrian Marks [buckjumper] is a Rmweb member.The weathering on the Manvers Main wagon is first class. :icon_cool: :icon_drool:

I really enjoyed the article on building and especially weathering a 1/32 scale coal wagon.I believe the author,Adrian Marks [buckjumper] is a Rmweb member.The weathering on the Manvers Main wagon is first class. :icon_cool: :icon_drool:

Thanks!

I wouldn't mind seeing it myself, so it's off to Smiffs tomorrow. I submitted the article so long ago (about 30 months) that I've forgotten what I wrote and who I insulted :D

Hello everyone - here's what's coming up in the January 2010 BRM: -

Scenic work begins on Tony Wright's Little Bytham layout project.

Looks like you've been roped in to do the ballasting. It's a good job you're doing.

Do you hire yourself out for such work on other layouts? :D

G.

Archived