Outwell Village

alan

• 1 year later...

Hi Alan,

I've only just discovered this wonderful thread of your stunning layout after seeing it at Wigan show last weekend. I spent a fair amount of time soaking up all the fantastic atmosphere that your layout has. Amazing!

I really was in awe of your canal, especially the lovely swans swimming around. Are these Springside ones?

Once again, a superb job and hope to see it again soon. I shall be following your thread with interest.

Chris :)

• Like 1

Outwell's next show is Eurospoor, Utrecht, 23rd-25 October. However, it does have other invites closer to home so I will ask Alan (the owner) about dates.

He is a busy man so it may be I will be adding them for him when the gen is available.

Hope this helps.

steve

PS If you have a Tardis it was at Wigan the other weekend...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I have not replied sooner to the questions has Steve 1 indicated I have been rather busy at work and away at Eurospoor in the Netherlands.

Outwell is due to appear at the York show at Easter and Huddersfield later in 2016

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just caught up this delightful layout. 

Splendid stuff. 

Rob. 

• Like 1

Glad to see Outwell again. It has always been one of my all time favourite layouts. Captures the unique atmosphere of the W&U perfectly. Sadly I have never managed to catch the layout in the flesh but have always greatly admired it in the modelling press and on here.

Wonderful stuff!

I well remember winding up the A1101 with my father and the rest of the family in the car.  I say winding because the road did just that, crisscrossing the railway interminably, something that always intrigued me.  If I saw a train, diesel-hauled by that time sadly, it was a red-letter day.  Well done for catching the atmosphere so well.  A great piece of modelling.

Chris Turnbull

Edited by Chris Turnbull
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, Chris Turnbull said:

I well remember winding up the A1101 with my father and the rest of the family in the car.  I say winding because the road did just that, crisscrossing the railway interminably, something that always intrigued me.  If I saw a train, diesel-hauled by that time sadly, it was a red-letter day.  Well done for catching the atmosphere so well.  A great piece of modelling.

Chris Turnbull

It certainly is a twisty-turny road and one I have driven on a few occasions. The way the road, railway and canal all criss-crossed is fascinating. Sadly my journeys have been long after the closure of the railway but, nevertheless, it is still good to retrace the route of the line and just imagine a steam tram passing alongside you :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Shame all of the photographs in this thread have been lost.  I've seen photographs of the layout elsewhere and have to say it looks just the photographs of the real thing in the books on the Wisbech and Upwell Tramway.

I gather that the traffic conveyed varied more month to month than it did year to year.  When operating, have you tried to represent any particular month / season?