Churchrail Warwick 6th March 2010

Markmiller2008

For anyone attending id like to inform that we will also be carrying out a Raffle at the Exhibition.

1ST prize - A Family Ticket of the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway

2nd Prize - A Family Ticket for use on Chiltern Railways Services

3nd Prize - A Voucher for Classic Train And Motor Bus Shop in Leamington Spa (Actual price of the voucher TBC)

Thanks

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Oh dear looks like I'll be spending some money on the raffle !! Its been a while since I visited the GWR

For anyone attending id like to inform that we will also be carrying out a Raffle at the Exhibition.

1ST prize - A Family Ticket of the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway

2nd Prize - A Family Ticket for use on Chiltern Railways Services

3nd Prize - A Voucher for Classic Train And Motor Bus Shop in Leamington Spa (Actual price of the voucher TBC)

Thanks

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Yeah it is a bit of a dilema I've got that much stock but at the moment its leaning towards the late 80's to to the very early 90's

I might if its ok with you Mark bring along some of the detailed loco's that'll probably not be used by me again and sell them and a reasonable percentage of any takings donated to the funds for the school ?quote name='Markmiller2008' date='12 February 2010 - 13:23 ' timestamp='1265981035' post='84889']

Its still to be confirmed but hopefully we shall get the ticket for the prize.

I see your in a dilema for what era to run the layout in?

Just a reminder for anyone new looking at this thread of the details of Churchrail

Below are Details of Churchrail Warwick on the 6th March 2010 which will consist of fifteen layouts and three trade stands.

Many of the layouts are RMWeb Members layouts and would be glad to see anyone off RMWeb at this Exhibition.

Exhibition Details

Time: 09:30am-17:00pm

Venue:

St Mary Immaculate School

Wathen Road

Warwick

Ticket Prices:

Adults ??3.00

Child (5yr-15yr)/OAP ??1.50

Family (2 adults & 2 children) ??7.00

Layouts attending include

Lochnagar (00 Gauge Diesel)

Warlich Bay (00 Gauge Steam)

Merrivale Road (00 Gauge Steam) Making its Exhibition Debut in near finished state

Shake-the-Box Layout (00 Gauge)

Highley Unlikely (N Gauge Steam)

Claydon (N Gauge Steam)

Tinxal Green (00 Gauge Steam)

ZHead 2 (Z Gauge Continental)

Griffin Road (N Gauge Modern Image)

Shortby Town (OO Gauge Modern Image DCC) Making its Exhibition Debut

Lesspoint (00 Gauge Steam)

Hythe Parkway (00 Gauge Modern Image)

Summat Colliery (00 gauge Steam)

Triang Big Big Train Display

Thomas the Tank

Trade Support

Classic Train and Motor Bus

Castle Trains

Ian's Model's

Display Stands

Railway Photographic Display- A Small Display of Railway Photographs taken by Mark Miller showing Preserved and Modern Railways.

Chiltern Railways Evergreen 3 Display - A Display Stand showing Chiltern Railway's Forthcoming Evergreen Three Project to cut journey times to London.

More details can be found on the exhibition website.

Churchrail Website

Programmes have been printed and are now in my possesion!

All final preperations are sorted and im looking forward to seeing anybody attending.

I may be unavailable for the next week due to various issues mainly caused by me and the other half going our seperate ways but if anyone reading this needs any further infomation drop me a PM or Email me (Address on the Churchrail Website) and il attempt to get back to you ASAP.

Many thanks

Mark

Hi All

Just a quick note for the public attending the exhibition that we only have limited parking on site and streets around the venue have a 2hr permit scheme in operation and traffic wardens patrol the area.

The good news is that there is a free County Council Car Park on Cape Road and this is a short 5 minute (or Less) walk through Priory Park down to the venue.

Also Exhibition related , there will be refreshments of Tea/Coffee/Squash and some Cakes and Biscuits available in one of the classrooms.

Many thanks

Mark Miller

Exhibition Manager

• RMweb Gold

I'll need cover for PNB/lunch etc, I'm on me 'tod

Just remembered that the non-scenic board needs woodwork doing to prevent errant trains running off the end of the sector plate, the original "stop block" got knocked off in the car coming back from Wycrail. Must stop messing with DELTIC and get the saw out blink.gif

Due to ill Health Griffin Road Will not be attending and Brooke Stone will now be on display in its place.

Hopefully nothing else will go wrong but i am having discussion's with Castle Trains at the moment over some problem they've noticed.

Thanks

Mark Miller

Churchrail Exhibition Manager.

Mark

I have got everything packed and ready to go and then I decided to just test everything out as the layout has been stored the last couple of months . Sods law an electric problem has manifested itself - so after many expletives I am now burning the midnight oil in large quantities to get it sorted . Grrrrrrrrrrrrgh !

See you saturday !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats fine chaps , things are ok at the moment , Just Castle Trains being a bit funny about there being 2 other traders doing pretty much the same sort of things but why they are sticking there nose in to my planning i dont know.

Should be ok , ive bridged the gap by shifting stuff around in the main hall.

Bit of DIY done today ive made the sign for outside on the drive , out of a road cone and some MDF and copious amounts of smelly black paint.

I can also confirm that the voucher for Classic Train and Motor Bus is worth £50! So get buying those raffle tickets!!!

Mark

• RMweb Gold

I can also confirm that the voucher for Classic Train and Motor Bus is worth £50! So get buying those raffle tickets!!!

Mark

Its worth going just to try and win that ! See you there.

A very special thankyou to Mark for a really enjoyable event - the most successfull to date I understand .

It may be worth Mark investing in a pair of roller skates for the next show as it may help in his attempt to be in several different places at once on several occasions.

Cheers

Richard

Hi,

Had a good day at Churchrail!

The layout ran very well, but we couldn't use Platform 3 because all our stock was coming off at the point! angry.gif

Mark brought along his Chiltern Class 121 Bubble car and that pottered along the layout and looked very good. It was joined by a Blue and Grey 4-CEP, which had been recently brought by WollastonBlue, it looked very good!

EDIT: Pictures can now be found here - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/blog/222/entry-2954-hythe-parkway-last-one-we-think/

My head hurts though after smashing it againest the white board positioned above my layout wacko.gif (if you heard a loud bang and then a loud "ouch" at about 4 o'clock, that was me!)

Simon

P.S. Very well done Mark on making £700!

Archived