Warley NEC 2011

PaulRhB

Park at Tile Hill station and get the stopper to the NEC . Its free to park there at weekends.

Thanks, Rob. According to National Rail Enquiries the first train off Tile Hill on Sunday is 08.44, due B Int 8.54. Those with advance tickets may find this a bit tight for 9 am entry and, for those who must, the Bachmann scrum.

Chris

I'll be there on Sunday but staying Sat & Sun night in Bordesley at the Ibis. Any one in coming past fancy giving me and a friend a lift and we will give you a few £ towards the parking. (Send me a PM if so.)

I will be their both day. will their be a meet up if so will it be the normal 1 o'clock at the big train

Richard

Now that you have said there will be one, make it so! That will be you and me then.

It strikes me that exhibition meets have rather gone out of fashion, which is a shame, but so many inmates are on operating duty these days and could not get away easily. Such is life ...

Chris

• RMweb Premium

I'll be on the Severn Valley Railway stand - giving out as many of next years timetables as possible and trying not to be tempted to spend too much money.

I really enjoyed last years show and am looking forward to seeing quite a few of the layouts already mentioned!

• RMweb Gold

I'll have to look smart because I'll be with the gentlemen of the press sporting finest red. Might go for the DEMU look later in the evening when I let my hair down ;)

You will have to be smart cos your meeting me Chris. :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

. Might go for the DEMU look later in the evening when I let my hair down ;)

Make sure you've also got a black t-shirt with the name of some obscure punk/indie band on it and you're there................ :sungum:

Mick

Not sure if I want to chance travelling by train from London if there is there is a repeat of last Saturday's problems caused by the wires coming down at Wembley.

Further to my last post the West Coast Main Line is once again up the spout again tonight due to emergency engineering works at Rugby and overhead wire problems on the Northampton loop.

Do I really want to end up spending all day on the Euston concourse or all night at the NEC?

Car parking - not much alternative if you want a decent length of time there. If I wanted to go by train I would have to drive to Northampton or MK to catch it so sadly it's car all the way.

The Warley show is the first weekend of the bike show. If you ride a bike then bike parking should be easy and free (normally is free). 2 years ago the bike parking was closer to the Warley hall than it was to the bike show hall.

All the best

Keith

I'll be on the Severn Valley Railway stand - giving out as many of next years timetables as possible and trying not to be tempted to spend too much money.

I really enjoyed last years show and am looking forward to seeing quite a few of the layouts already mentioned!

I shall be joining you just on the Sunday. Must remember to keep flogging the last few Santa seats!

• RMweb Premium

I would hope that you can get most of the things you want from other traders - plus their web site lists about 25 other shows that they are due to be at - however it's unfortunate that they won't be at NEC - it will leave a big hole in that corner and I bet there's some head scratching going on to try and move things around a bit. I wonder where I'll end up - D62 is a very long way from the entrance :O

Mike

• RMweb Premium

Nothing on their own web site except this

due to unforeseen circumstances Squires Stand will not be exhibiting at the Warley Show this year.

The Warley Club has this on their news page

It is with regret that we have to report the withdrawal of Squires Tools from this years event. It is for personal reasons that this decision was taken and we look forward to Roger attending future events.

Both of these messages give you the impression that they are carrying on??

Mike

Archived