North Eastern Region station buildings

Hello all.

I've recently aquired one of Hornby's 'Lower Skaledale' wooden station buildings (a bit like the larger one on platform 2 at Goathland) and am curious to know whether this building could be used as the sole station building somewhere? My layout is planned to be somewhere on the far North Yorks/County Durham area and respresents a small, single platform station. Photos of stations in this area are incredibly hard to come by, but I'm just keen to know whether I could use this building standalone (as a booking office) or if I'd have to scratchbuild additional structures to do a decent representation of a station in this area.

Here's the building I've got...

http://www.cspservices.co.uk/Hornby-r8720-2248-p.asp

Many thanks. :)

Thanks guys. :)

That'll give me some food for thought. I'm not averse to a bit of scratchbuilding if needed but, given my general lack of time, if I can get at least some of the way with a RTP building then it makes life just that little bit easier.

• 2 weeks later...

Alphagraphix do some NER wooden platform buildings as card kits in 4mm and 7mm scale.

I have made their NER platform waiting shelter in 4mm and am very pleased with the results.

Alphagraphix,

23 Darris Road,

Selly Park,

Birmingham

B29 7QY.

Freestone Model Accesories also stock them:

Jerry Freestone

28 Newland Mill,

Witney,

Oxfordshire

OX28 3HH

Tel: 01993775979

Fax: 01993 709578

Email: contact@freestonemodels.co.uk

Web: http://www.freestonemodels.co.uk/index.html

Regards,

Chris Nicole

Black Hat

Have a look at the photos of my layout " Stainsby - LNER 1930s", which is set in the North Riding of Yorkshire, and are posted on the rmweb. A number of the buildings thereon are from the Skaledale range. e.g. footbridge, platform waiting room, goods shed and water tower. Apart from the footbridge, they have been repainted/weathered for the period in which I model. If memory serves me correctly, the original colours may be suitable the early BR period.

Archived