Using the music for flight
There's nothing I know of in Rio
But it's something to do with the night
It's only a whimsical notion
To fly down to Rio tonight
I probably won't fly down to Rio
But then again I just might....
from "Rio" by Mike Nesmith

??? whats this got to do with the FoBRM(Doncaster)

sorry,

i just do not understand

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I shall be there, as I am able to make up my mind, with Fisherton Sarum which is stand 11. Please come and say hello.

post-243-0-75947400-1327510891_thumb.jpg

and you can read all about Fisherton Sarum in this issue of British Railway Modelling Magazine...

post-243-0-55790700-1327510994_thumb.jpg

Only just over a week to go now to the Doncaster show.

We've got some new products being announced there, you can find out more via this link to www.model-railways-live.co.uk

https://www.model-railways-live.co.uk/News/More_exciting_new_products_at_the_Festival_of_British_Railway_Modelling_2012/

You can also preview the programme and see what else is at the show on the show's homepage:

https://www.model-railways-live.co.uk/Exhibitions/The_Festival_of_British_Railway_Modelling/11_February_2012/12_February_2012/

Looking forward to it - will see you there!

Regards

Richard

You can also preview the programme and see what else is at the show on the show's homepage:

https://www.model-ra..._February_2012/

Richard

Hi Richard,

Am I the only one who finds the text on this web page about the show almost impossible to read? I don't think the choice of colour for text and background is in line with web page accessibility guidelines.

Douglas

hi all,

We're all ready for the show this weekend - had a quick look at the weather forecast for the weekend and it's cold but no snow, so we hope to see you there! I'll be running around the place with a video camera - some excellent layouts on offer!

cheers

Chris

• RMweb Premium

Depends if a] they were invited or b] if any are available.

I have often wondered how layouts are selected/invited for the Warner's shows. I am excluding the Ally Pally one from this as I know that is done by contact from Nick Freezer and possibly others from the MRC.

Do Warner's send a traditional "exhibition manager" out scouting for layouts? Or is the layout content made up from submissions to the magazine (as is my experience) or from people sendig details to the publisher's website, as I was once told?

I have just had a look through the brochure on line. Is there anything that I have missed that tells me whether the layouts are club/private and who has built them?

• RMweb Gold

Fisherton Sarum was invited to attend the Warners shows (Doncaster this weekend) and Peterborough next year after I approached them and prior to my article in the magazine last month that was timed to coincide with its apperance at Doncaster.

There has been a couple of inches of snow here on top of the Chiltern Hills overnight but bright and sunny now, I have cleared the car and will be setting off soon to load Fisherton Sarum before heading North to Doncaster.

I have often wondered how layouts are selected/invited for the Warner's shows. I am excluding the Ally Pally one from this as I know that is done by contact from Nick Freezer and possibly others from the MRC.

Do Warner's send a traditional "exhibition manager" out scouting for layouts? Or is the layout content made up from submissions to the magazine (as is my experience) or from people sendig details to the publisher's website, as I was once told?

The original premise of the early shows (Doncaster only in those days) was to showcase the layouts that had featured in the Magazine, though these days it’s not clear which is the wagging tail and which is the dog…

My experience from 4 or 5 years ago was that a few months after taking my layout to Ally Pally (booked by Nick F) I got a call from Warners Exhibitions Department asking “now you’ve exhibited at AP would you like to bring the layout to our other show? and would you like to write an article about it for the magazine?†At which point I told the girl it had already been in the magazine a year or so earlier, a fact she was unaware of so clearly by then there was a shift away from that original principle towards the mag being used to promote the show rather than the other way round…

I also know of others with the same experience of an invitation to the other shows following an appearance at AP including one for a German Layout, hastily withdrawn when it was pointed out that a German Prototype didn’t really fit in at the Festival of British Railway Modelling…

Paul

I got approached via an e mail from Warners to take New Hey to both Doncaster and Peterborough. I presume that was because Nick (Freezer) booked me for Ally Pally this year, although Dicky W had asked me if id be prepared to take the layout as well at Railex last year - so Im not exactly sure how the invites came about to be quite honest, all a bit of a mystery, although i believe at one time you could approach Warners themselves offering your layout.

Archived