Dapol Class 22 - Photo Review

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Verrrrrry nice. This should result - to use modern parlance - in a suitable "refresh" for the WR BLT. Alternatively, you could buy one for your depot micro-layout and have several fitters standing around open panels...

Can't wait to get mine.

• RMweb Premium

Rest assured i will find out why, and get some damn good answers to my rather probing questions whilst i'm holding a plank of wood with a rust nail banged through it in a threatening manner!!!

cheers

Dave

mmmm, not seen that technique recommended in the Ladybird book of dealing with Chinese companies. ;-) Know how you feel though, I once had amaterials analysis report frm a big Chinese company that proved they weren't using the right grade of stainless steel in their own products. :O

Seriously, apologies if this sounds patronising but reading this book helped preserve at least some of my sanity when working with Johnny Foreigner:-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/When-Cultures-Collide-Managing-Successfully/dp/1857880870

Can i use the book instead of a plank? Will it have the same effect? lol

One day (and i've started writing already) i will 'publish and be damned with my memoirs'...........oh the stories i can tell :locomotive:

Should make for interesting reading.

I'm off to get that book

Cheers

Dave

Verrrrrry nice. This should result - to use modern parlance - in a suitable "refresh" for the WR BLT. Alternatively, you could buy one for your depot micro-layout and have several fitters standing around open panels...

Can't wait to get mine.

with one of those red and white NOT TO BE MOVED signs attached to the front.

ok, that's enough, i am withdrawing the model until i get that detail correct!!!!#

why did no one on this forum mention it until now?????? you just had to wait till it was ready before mentioning anything!!! :whistle:

God some of you are just so....................................................grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. It will now be delivered with this sign in the accessory bag in about 2015 :P

cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Can i use the book instead of a plank? Will it have the same effect? lol

I'd recommend the hardback for that application.

Should make for interesting reading.

I'm off to get that book

Cheers

Dave

I read it best part of 10 years ago now, maybe there's a better book nowadays but it's a reasonably light read.

Don't forget the RMweb Amazon store :-)

Looks nicer than my Playcraft HO class 21 !!

playcraft_p837_d6100.jpg

Only obvious fault is the dull headcode lettering, which is probably OK when lit. (May just be the photo). I find many diesel headcodes naff. The Heljan class 17 clayton & Kestrel especially so.

Brit15

We have a wait a while. but has been worth it as this is the latest of a number of recently released top notch models from Dapol. I have a real soft spot for Class 22's as I remember them in Cornwall in and saw then in action on the Falmouth branch at St Blazey Shed and many other locations and I have even had a cab ride in one at Plymouth North Road station

I will definite have a least one of these - it seems such a pity to have to dirty a model like this up! I hope this model sells well for Dapol, as Dave and his team have put an outstanding amount of effort into making this model happen.

Nigel

Fabulous review Andy.

In addition to the multiple photo angles, I particularly liked the incorporation of CAD illustrations, the decoder installation step by step and the video.

It shows off what looks like an outstanding model - congratulations to Dapol, and I look forward to hearing happy customers report back.

It does look very good but, DapolDave, you have launched it too early ... I haven't yet finished my Silver Fox one on a Bachmann class 20 chassis!! :P

p.s. That 2015 date sounds about right to me ... ;)

I shouldn't really, but I'm going to...

I shouldn't really but I have........

but are there any suitable loksound decoders with the correct sound files for this available?

I'm sure someone will cobble something together from old recordings like Howes have done for the Mirlees Brush Type 2. Failing that anything that sounds ropey would do, doubt if anyone has a clear memory of what they sound like.

Stu

Archived