a1 partwork Flying Scotsman

• RMweb Premium

Hi BP,

Looks like you are the first to get this saga going on the new RMweb site.

The previous thread should be viewable when the server is back up for the old site.

In the meantime, I expect that the Flying Scotsmen experts will be along to give you an answer if you have some specific questions (and who doesn't!).

Cheers,

Dave

Hi BP,

Looks like you are the first to get this saga going on the new RMweb site.

The previous thread should be viewable when the server is back up for the old site.

In the meantime, I expect that the Flying Scotsmen experts will be along to give you an answer if you have some specific questions (and who doesn't!).

Cheers,

Dave

I believe it has to be the original poster who transfers the thread here, or it is a new start again, with references at the moment to the old forum, and reference only in future as an archive.

Stephen.....feel free to ask any questions here, it will soon be picked up again.

I hope it gets sorted out soon as it was a very useful reference topic to all those building the model.

Does anybody remember who started the original Hachette thread, as it may have to be him who has to transfer it? It is a very, very long thread, and may be better re-started, and cross referenced to the archived old site in future. I can't access the old site at the moment to check the author.

Stephen.

• RMweb Premium

It was an 'Andy Y' whoever he is.

Restarting would be good, it was a rather chaff heavy thread...

I agree, I am not subscribing to the Hachette FS partwork at all but it has been fascinating watching progress with yours. Please carry on!

16.gif

I agree, I am not subscribing to the Hachette FS partwork at all but it has been fascinating watching progress with yours. Please carry on!

16.gif

In view of Andy's current work load and the size of the original posting it may be better to re-start, but better approach Andy and get his input, rather than just ask for it to be posted through here. The old posting will be available for reference.

Stephen.

• 3 weeks later...

I have posted a link on the 'old' forum to point to this one, I too would not like to see it die. There is some inspirational modelling in there.

I wonder whether Andy Y could be persuaded to transfer it here as he was the OP.

Phil

I have posted a link on the 'old' forum to point to this one, I too would not like to see it die. There is some inspirational modelling in there.

I wonder whether Andy Y could be persuaded to transfer it here as he was the OP.

Phil

It would certainly be most welcomed I'm sure.

Hi All,

The whole 96 pages of the old thread is very handy, lets me see all the pitfalls of this partwork before I get there... Here in New Zealand we're up to part 26 and so far ALL the errors in the partworks there in the UK have been in the NZ one too.

Jeffrey

Hi All,

The whole 96 pages of the old thread is very handy, lets me see all the pitfalls of this partwork before I get there... Here in New Zealand we're up to part 26 and so far ALL the errors in the partworks there in the UK have been in the NZ one too.

Jeffrey

Tanakwe,Jeffrey

Just keep persevering,----ROB

John,

I would agree with that,after all we're up 96 pages of this topic and like myself found it very usefull as a novice builder---C'mon Andy Y-keep it going :icon_clap: --ROB

Yep, I too think this is a shame that we cant transfer it over in full. The other option I suppose is for us all to continue on here, maybe save the other forum pages for offline viewing as a reference. Dont know about the rest of you blokes, but I found the old site format MUCH better and easier to use. This one somehow seems less user friendly to me. :(

Finally got around to reworking the detail on the main chassis as a scan. I am going to remake it once I can get the exact clearances required for the front bogie wheels, then its just a matter of using this as a template, with minor changes to detail, such as rivet sizes etc.

So, we will see how this site handles scans now!

post-3953-12578547571522_thumb.jpg

I have started up my own blog where I hope to put my thoughts on the various models I am building. I have been writing a bit on the Hachette A1 which I am converting to a late 50's A3 with double chimney.

here is the link

My link

any comments are welcome as I am new to this and am not sure which of my thoughts are relevant or usefull to anyone else which I hope they are

Hi i'm here i think lol, is this the new one ???

Yair mate, this be it! :rolleyes:

Hows the build going? Any idea if that other chap is going to update the parts spreadsheet?

I've been having severe withdrawal symptoms due to the lack of posts and piccys! :blink:

Archived