a1 partwork Flying Scotsman

Hi, during war time it was painted black, so I was considering painting mine in that livery, just to hear people say it was never painted that colour.

Nigel

It wouldn't have the corridor tender though, If you're that finicky. I would rather have made it in late 1950's guise but having two to do and not lots of time put me off.

I will certainly try your idea Elvis with the wire for the second one it looks like a good idea..

Has anyone seen the new partworks £600 model for an Aston Martin Db5 James Bond car

looking at other blogs, looks like its a bit iffy on detail from the original , Steering wheel looks too fat

etc, etc they actually changed the tyres on the run..at least the Flying Scotsman looks like it should do..

and no I am not defending Them as I had some pretty crappy castings in my 2 year slog..and still working on it..

Ted..

Has anyone seen the new partworks £600 model for an Aston Martin Db5 James Bond car

looking at other blogs, looks like its a bit iffy on detail from the original , Steering wheel looks too fat

etc, etc they actually changed the tyres on the run..at least the Flying Scotsman looks like it should do..

and no I am not defending Them as I had some pretty crappy castings in my 2 year slog..and still working on it..

Ted..

I've seen it but I wouldn't consider it, I am more a model railway enthusiast than a model maker as such, although I do other things as well. I have to say that my first is almost done and I have to say that despite all the moans, complaints and frustration, I am well pleased with the result and it works a treat. I wouldn't have thought about building one of these but my son got one each and now I am pleased to have persevered. I will post pics as soon as the first is finished.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rob

There is an alternitive only problem is you would have to insulate one set of wheels from the other ie(left and right) else it would

be short circuit as is the position your in now, but still leaves the position how you pick up negative and positive from the rails

only thing I can think of is too have pick ups on either side of the inside of the insulated wheels ..sorry I cant give you a better reply, but maybe someone will have a better answer..

regards

Ted

Hi all well my tender is finnished and ready for paint, time to start on the valve gear will post some pics the weekend. A plea for help, some time ago i puchased a high sided tender top from bachman i have most of the parts to build the tender chassis but i am short of issue 97 drawbar / buffer beam does any body have a spare that i could buy.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all finnally got around to doing a bit of work this weekend i chickend out on the valve gear and decided to do the brakes, as the brake rods in this kit are nothing like the real thing, checking out the finney builds on this forum, thanks to Christian and Dikitriki, i have built a better representation of thr brake gear. the cross beams and pull rods are from Ragstone Models with the rest being scratch built, i did have the brake cylinders from Ragstone but i have mislayed them o well here's a couple of pics.

Dave

post-2755-0-12187500-1297623824_thumb.jpg

post-2755-0-63324600-1297623915_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Knock, Knock... Anybody there......?????

Where have you all gone? Are you all working away in your workshops on your Flying Scotsman builds? Down here in New Zealand we're only up to part 96 this week... Would love to see some more build photos!

Jeffrey

Hi All,

Knock, Knock... Anybody there......?????

Where have you all gone? Are you all working away in your workshops on your Flying Scotsman builds? Down here in New Zealand we're only up to part 96 this week... Would love to see some more build photos!

Jeffrey

Hi, I expect everyones deciding whether to paint theres into Wartime Black livery, which has been anounced for the real thing, with NE on the tender, '103' as one cabside number and '502' on the other.

I'm considering it.

Nigel

I hope this works as I haven't tried ataching images on here yet. My first is finished all but for the sandpipes so I thought I would stick it on here. I'm not sure that there are many left to view it but (hopefully) here it is - 4476 Royal Lancer in 1934 guise (with cinder gaurds) that's the way I like to see them.post-4778-0-76070900-1300046935_thumb.jpg Oh and the cylinder covers need to be silvered.

Archived