a1 partwork Flying Scotsman

• RMweb Gold

Hi, sorry the link doesn't work,

can you guys assist please

Many thanks

Alex

The link works great, it's just old RMWeb seems to be broken at the moment :)

I got rivets from http://www.scalehardware.com/miniature-rivets-c-10?zenid=cc9e8b9b3b3feb455d784e806bba87bd&zenid=cc9e8b9b3b3feb455d784e806bba87bd I think I used 0.5 mm (RIVT-05-B ) and 0.7mm (RIVT-07-B ) brass rivets, but check the first link again once old RMweb is back in case I mis-remembered.

Hudsonrob49

I have a dremil 300 i got from b and q but I find the extras too expensive try ebay

Happy New Year to all and its snowing again............ icon_clap.gif

Ted ........ icon_wave.gif

Hi

Assuming you're from the UK, try Maplins (in on eof their shops or via their website) - they generally sell a kit with lots of attachments (wire brushes, grinding tools, etc) for any small electric drill and the kit also includes a substantial number of cutter discs (including mandrel) which are very expensive through normal suppliers. The quality isn't in the top league but at the price, I'm not complaining.

Hope this helps

Stan Owen

Hudsonrob49

I have a dremil 300 i got from b and q but I find the extras too expensive try ebay

Happy New Year to all and its snowing again............ icon_clap.gif

Ted ........ icon_wave.gif

Hi

Assuming you're from the UK, try Maplins (in on eof their shops or via their website) - they generally sell a kit with lots of attachments (wire brushes, grinding tools, etc) for any small electric drill and the kit also includes a substantial number of cutter discs (including mandrel) which are very expensive through normal suppliers. The quality isn't in the top league but at the price, I'm not complaining.

Hope this helps

Stan Owen

I have sent for a keyless chuck It will accept all accessory bits with 0.4mm to 3.4mm shanks, still 6 quid cheeper then B&Q after p&p, I am from England, no snow here though. thanks mate

If your in the UK,the address,is inside the front cover of the partwork in Jarrow,they will send you back issues plus 50p p&p.----ROB

Cheers, i have found the address, One further question though! i have heard it quoted in a few places now that the back issues cost ??2 or ??2.50, is this correct, because in the magazine it quotes back issues cost the cover price ??4.99 + 50 p&p.

Hi

Back again with the latest issues...

Both issues 105 and 106 contain the axle boxes for the tender, plus details on applying transfers to the wheels (hmmm....) motorising the chassis and a bit of painting.

Interesting drive to the newsagents; the 1 and a half miles to the main road took 40 minutes - an unusual amount of snow for the Isle of Wight!

Need to purchase brass castings to replace the white metal piston rods, axles that do not wobble and other items supplied in the kit. Can someone point me in the direction of an oline shop that exports to Australia. I looked through the UK Model Guide but could not find anything.

Thanks

Ray Z

Hi everyone and a happy new year to you all

just a quick question, I recieved my issue 68 last week and it says there to take off 1mm on the arches for the front bogie splashers, is this correct? I tried to look this up on the old forum but it doesn't seem to be working at the moment!

Mark

• RMweb Gold

I recieved my issue 68 last week and it says there to take off 1mm on the arches for the front bogie splashers, is this correct? I tried to look this up on the old forum but it doesn't seem to be working at the moment!

Yep. Otherwise the bogie wheels will foul the splashers on curves.

I haven't done mine yet. Does anyone have a picture of theirs?

Hi Guys,

Just got issue 77 here, and noticed that there is an instruction NOT to use the valve rockers from issue 75 (expletive deleted!) , so upon comparing the two parts, one is etched stainless steel, and the other is cast metal, (and bent!) , and are both different lengths, the new one is about 5mm shorter than the etched one! Wot gives? Anyone got any clues, or am I reading it wrong?

This is getting sillier by the issue!

Bushrat

Hi Guys,

Just got issue 77 here, and noticed that there is an instruction NOT to use the valve rockers from issue 75 (expletive deleted!) , so upon comparing the two parts, one is etched stainless steel, and the other is cast metal, (and bent!) , and are both different lengths, the new one is about 5mm shorter than the etched one! Wot gives? Anyone got any clues, or am I reading it wrong?

This is getting sillier by the issue!

Bushrat

I Have used "rockers" from '77,I found them better quality.----ROB

Well, issue 107 is here;

New parts are:

2 thicknesses of wire (for later)

water filler

front and rear water dome

The rest of the instructions are for fitting the hopper assembly and bulkhead + coal partition to the tender. Some material has to be removed from the front water dome to make it fit... (Have we been here before?)

Enjoy!

OK, thanks for the reply Rob, but which ones would be the correct ones to use length wise, would'nt it make a difference to the gear motion?

I really can't understand them remaking this part as a casting, as it would be more subject to wear than the steel, at least I would think so. unsure.gif

It would be so nice to have a scale data sheet of this locomotive to work from! Maybe next one they do they might supply one as a fold out in one of the early issues! laugh.gif

Bushrat

OK, thanks for the reply Rob, but which ones would be the correct ones to use length wise, would'nt it make a difference to the gear motion?

I really can't understand them remaking this part as a casting, as it would be more subject to wear than the steel, at least I would think so. unsure.gif

It would be so nice to have a scale data sheet of this locomotive to work from! Maybe next one they do they might supply one as a fold out in one of the early issues! laugh.gif

Bushrat

Well, issue 107 is here;

New parts are:

2 thicknesses of wire (for later)

water filler

front and rear water dome

The rest of the instructions are for fitting the hopper assembly and bulkhead + coal partition to the tender. Some material has to be removed from the front water dome to make it fit... (Have we been here before?)

Enjoy!

Not long to go now guys, wonder if it will have a sting in its tail, and how many might buy into another Loco series from them?

Archived