Help in fitting sound in to a Bachmann class 57

craig449

• 3 weeks later...

I had a go at fitting it in myself but found it hard so I took it to Rails of Sheffield to have it fitted it took the bloke a hour to get it in with swear words as well. It has the normal speaker in it and it's in the roof under the doors to the top of the engine

I had a go at fitting it in myself but found it hard so I took it to Rails of Sheffield to have it fitted it took the bloke a hour to get it in with swear words as well. It has the normal speaker in it and it's in the roof under the doors to the top of the engine

I wonder why as surely the chassis would be pretty much the same or identical to the current 57003?

The speaker in 57003 is under the fan grills so assuming you're not worried about not seeing fans when you look into the top of the loco then I would think this is the best position.

Martin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry for ressurecting an old thread following a search for info - but Im fitting a sound chip to a former Bachmann clas 57, which was 57602 in fgw green. Code: 32-752.

Can someone tell me where number one pin for the orange wire on the sound chip needs to go. The model was bought second hand and the instructions arent there. Just wanting to confirm if its towards the end with the fans, or not.

Thanks.

Sorry for ressurecting an old thread following a search for info - but Im fitting a sound chip to a former Bachmann clas 57, which was 57602 in fgw green. Code: 32-752.

Can someone tell me where number one pin for the orange wire on the sound chip needs to go. The model was bought second hand and the instructions arent there. Just wanting to confirm if its towards the end with the fans, or not.

Thanks.

Eight pin decoders can be plugged in either way round and the loco will run. If the lights don't work then it needs to be reversed.

Yeah - wot David sed!

If you get it back-to-front it won't damage anything. In particular, it won't damage your expensive sound decoder. Then, as David said, if the lights don't work, turn the plug around.

I fitted sound (Howes) into my Bachmann 57 008 initially but cannot remember which way around the plug went. Even having swapped it into the Porterbrook 57 601 I still can't remember, so unless someone can take the body off theirs and have a look, you'll just have to go with the trial and error method! :)

I was lazy with my installation: I removed the fans but didn't replace them. There is room for the large speaker but the sound chamber's depth has to be reduced a bit. Blu-tac or similar is your friend here to seal any gaps!

I have to admit Im having trouble getting the body to fit back onto the chassis and block... with the chip and decoder installed and the speaker put under where the fans once were it isnt resting back down as much as it should. The speaker isnt in the case, so it should go back down. Anyone else had this with an early class 57 release as mine is the former FGW green model.

Archived