Warley 2011

DapolDave

Hi Mat,

sorry but i think you have misreported the answer you got from Joel after your fishing trip to our Facvebook page.

As an aid for your memory it says "Hi Matthew, it is not on the Dapol release schedule, we have just purchased tooling and stock for the Manor. I think the question is probably more for Ixion to answer really"

It does not say "Dapol have no plans to produce it".

just clarifying the situation.

cheers

Dave

Hi Mat,

sorry but i think you have misreported the answer you got from Joel after your fishing trip to our Facvebook page.

As an aid for your memory it says "Hi Matthew, it is not on the Dapol release schedule, we have just purchased tooling and stock for the Manor. I think the question is probably more for Ixion to answer really"

cheers

Dave

Now you're just teasing!

cheers

Dave

Sorry for misinterpreting your response. The dangers of FB I guess.

So does that mean you are going to be producing the Mogul? :D

Congratulations Alistair, as far as I can tell you are the ONLY person who attended Warley who has posted any photos of anything that was there!

The A3s and A4s look stunning. I'm not an Eastern man at all, but i'm very tempted to pick up an A4 for Railtour purposes!

And those NMT Powercars... I can already feel my bank account shrinking.

Ross

Fascinating... Not! So where are these 3 new announcements? 2 yellow HSTs and a funny 66? C'mon guys - any other industry/hobby/interest and enthusiasts would be straight on t'interweb to broadcast the good news to the rest of the community.

So spill the beans - what was the big news from Dapol? Dave, are you out there?

• RMweb Premium

Fascinating... Not! So where are these 3 new announcements? 2 yellow HSTs and a funny 66? C'mon guys - any other industry/hobby/interest and enthusiasts would be straight on t'interweb to broadcast the good news to the rest of the community.

So spill the beans - what was the big news from Dapol? Dave, are you out there?

Their new announcement may or may not be 'fascinating', depending on what scale you model - don't just assume that Dapol only produce N gauge.

Have a look here for the official announcement released by Andy at 9.00am as they are now producing 7mm Scale private owner wagons - and very nice they looked to!

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/47798-Dapol-7mm-private-owner-wagons-announced/page__fromsearch__1

Mike

If I may be so bold as to butt in... I'm pretty sure that Woodsidebeer was simply commenting on the lack of any word online as to what has actually been announced, aside from the 7mm Wagons. Most people will be aware of those already.

Put it this way Mike, I have been trawling RMWeb, Model Rail Forum, N Gauge Forum, New Railway Modellers Forum, Model Rail's Website and Facebook page, Dapols Website and Facebook page, and even the Facebook pages of Hattons and Rails, and have yet to see ANY news!

Although perhaps misphrased, I can understand Woodsidebeers frustrations, as he said, any other industry and we would have had news from the show floor within 30 seconds of it being announced!

Ross

Edit: Ninjaed to it! Lets get back on topic, Alistair has promised more pictures, and surely someone else with come in with more concrete news soon!

• RMweb Premium

If I may be so bold as to butt in... I'm pretty sure that Woodsidebeer was simply commenting on the lack of any word online a.......

Ross

Edit: Ninjaed to it! Lets get back on topic, Alistair has promised more pictures, and surely someone else with come in with more concrete news soon!

I think you might have missed the point - but I am sure Dapol Dave will clarify when he has the time..... given he is probably still at Warley.

For a small company, they have continued to work on the new Class 52 Western this year, taking into account everyone's views. Then just threw in working semaphore signals in both N and OO (available very soon....). Now have announced their foray into O gauge with a range of wagons, that seem to be well ahead of just the good idea stage, given they have actual 'photos of models ready to go... so much so Andy Y has commissioned a model for RmWeb, plus there was a posting about the xion models (although that was so cloak and dagger even I did not understand it!!). Oh and of course the surprise announcement about 57ft non-corridor coaches.

So with so much going on at Dapol these days, I guess Dave has just forgotten to add it to the Interweb! We might need to be patient!

Btw Ross: I am also not waiting for LNER or Eastern Region! - wrong shade of Green for me!

I don't think at any point I suggested that DapolDave should be the one posting news. I am well aware that he is far too busy this weekend... Unless I am very much mistaken though, there were Hundreds of people who went to Warley today, and many of them would have at some point passed the Dapol Stand (or the Farish Stand/Bachmann/Hornby etc etc etc...).

Surely one of them might have seen what was going on there. Many of them should be home by now, so someone, somewhere in the country will have a computer + an RMWeb account + details/photos of all the new stuff.

What Woodsidebeer and myself have commented on is simply the fact that out of hundreds of people who attended, only a tiny number seem to have taken any photos, and of those, an even smaller percentage have actually deigned to share any knowledge with those of us unfortunate enough to have not gone.

If DapolDave does have time to post, that would be great. But surely someone somewhere might have gone "Ooh, that's an awesome new X from Dapol/Farish/Other Manufacturer, i'll post something about it on the forum for the people who weren't there.

Going back to the example given earlier. If this had been a video game festival, every major website would have had all the details of the new releases within seconds of them first being made available.

Again, being bold, it's not me who has missed the point at all, after all I'm the one making it!

• RMweb Gold

I don't think at any point I suggested that DapolDave should be the one posting news. I am well aware that he is far too busy this weekend... Unless I am very much mistaken though, there were Hundreds of people who went to Warley today, and many of them would have at some point passed the Dapol Stand (or the Farish Stand/Bachmann/Hornby etc etc etc...).

Surely one of them might have seen what was going on there. Many of them should be home by now, so someone, somewhere in the country will have a computer + an RMWeb account + details/photos of all the new stuff.

What Woodsidebeer and myself have commented on is simply the fact that out of hundreds of people who attended, only a tiny number seem to have taken any photos, and of those, an even smaller percentage have actually deigned to share any knowledge with those of us unfortunate enough to have not gone.

If DapolDave does have time to post, that would be great. But surely someone somewhere might have gone "Ooh, that's an awesome new X from Dapol/Farish/Other Manufacturer, i'll post something about it on the forum for the people who weren't there.

Going back to the example given earlier. If this had been a video game festival, every major website would have had all the details of the new releases within seconds of them first being made available.

Again, being bold, it's not me who has missed the point at all, after all I'm the one making it!

When I got home and logged in here there was already a piece about Dapol's big news - the 0 gauge wagons - with pics so it was hardly worth repeating it and it had been on all day I think (without checking the thread). There are threads running about the D63XX/Class 22 and 10000 and both have been added to at some point in the day so that covers what struck me as the main items. There were samples of the Dapol N gauge East Coast pacifics in various liveries but they aren't 'new' as far as I know and I know nothing more about the various N gauge stuff because I didn't look at it - partly because it was quite busy around the display case.

I think most other new stuff has been mentioned in various threads this evening with a lot of pics of items from Bachmann/Farish although I haven't got the first idea if they are exhaustive in illustrating 'new' items and apart from the V2 I don't know of any of it which wasn't expected at some time in the not too distant.

I know it's frustrating to be stuck away from a show where new items are announced or new pre-production samples are shown or new items are actually released into the market but to be honest Warley is a large and at times busy show which takes a lot of getting round even if you don't stop to take pics. But more important than that in some respects is that in any show many of us are only going to look at things which interest us and some areas don't have universal appeal. And surely while it's nice to see 'amateur' pics taken through the glass of possibly awkwardly lit display cases it won't be long before 'proper' manufacturers pics or magazine pics will be available of the new stuff?

:cry: I went to Warley specifically to pick up semaphore signals and magnetic couplings,,,,, I don't know who was the most upset. Me, or the Dapol staff on the stand who had to tell me they were still in transit. Quote .... We're completely ****** *** (and the second word was "off") that they're not available. So was I.

But at the end of the day they are model train parts which will be available shortly. Hardly a matter of "life or death" when there are, most definitely, people on this planet dying for a lack of the basics required to live. Some of the people I had to wait behind at the Dapol stand need to remember that compared to "where's my Class 22 that I pre-ordered". YOU'RE GOING TO GET IT. Unlike some of the people waiting for food and water. And to the person in front of me (you know who you are), at your age, you really should know better. To the Dapol staff concerned, I'm amazed at your politeness. I would have needed to be somewhat more forthright to Mr Ignorant.

PS ..... where are those couplings!

Can I just query the A3s having the wing smoke deflectors on apple green and express blue single chimney examples - I asked this before and in fairness, they were pre-production samples when the A3 models were shown last time around. Now it's the Warley samples, and whilst the BR green version looks perfect, the other two models are definitely wrong.

Please disregard my concerns if these are just pre-production models, and the error is already well known, but to emphasize the point in case it is not known, the wing type smoke deflectors did not appear until the 1960s for the A3s, and only in BR Dark Green with a double chimney.

Other than nitpick, both the A3s and the A4s are looking terrific. The Silver Link A4 which was on display was equally stunning, so I am told.

• RMweb Gold
The Silver Link A4 which was on display was equally stunning, so I am told.

Indeed it was!

e9f6f0a3.jpg

169abd45.jpg

cdd33724.jpg

It was nice to see the East Midlands Trains HST too, although the font for the titles needs to be corrected:

0bf25fb4.jpg

Tom.

Hi chaps,

Seems a bit of confusion here but please forgive my post for being a bit jumbled as I'm just off to day 2 of the show.

Firstly, the A3 + A4 models were again just pre-production samples that I asked for in better paint finishes merely to be able to show them to a wider audience ( we had lots of signs in the cabinet stating that models there were not necessarily finished items. And yes the deflectors were wrong as were 2 tenders and a single chimney. Lol

3 new announcements were 3 new O gauge wagons, with a fair bit of new price busting ( but not quality busting) new models and loco's next year.

The EMT HST was in the wrong colours but no one spotted that ;-)

Cheers for now

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Hi chaps,

Seems a bit of confusion here but please forgive my post for being a bit jumbled as I'm just off to day 2 of the show.

Firstly, the A3 + A4 models were again just pre-production samples that I asked for in better paint finishes merely to be able to show them to a wider audience ( we had lots of signs in the cabinet stating that models there were not necessarily finished items. And yes the deflectors were wrong as were 2 tenders and a single chimney. Lol

3 new announcements were 3 new O gauge wagons, with a fair bit of new price busting ( but not quality busting) new models and loco's next year.

The EMT HST was in the wrong colours but no one spotted that ;-)

Cheers for now

Dave

Congratulations Dave for bringing to market an increasingly stunning range of products. I look forward to the next few years with anticipation. Those 'photos of the A4 look great, although I am neither an N gauge modeller, or an LNER one. But clearly the standards you are achieving look great. At the other end of the spectrum, those O gauge wagons look great. More power to your elbow.

I am sure if you would like some suggestions about new GWR OO gauge products to bring to market, I could offer some ideas!!!!!

Have a good 2nd day at Warley.

• RMweb Gold

Or Hawksworth's chunky 94xx panniers, long overdue in r-t-r form to current standards (I don't count the Lima effort). IMHO one of the finest and most capable tank engines, but grossly under-rated because of their relatively late appearance in the run-up to the Modernisation Plan. Fairly broad distribution too in order to justify one (or more).

Archived