Lillie Bridge depot windows

jonhall

I'm sure that some of the hardened LT modellers will have met Roger Tuke, and seen some of his amazing engineering stock. He is building a model of Lillie Bridge depot to display them - I have just recieved the windows for the main building, so before I deliver them, here they are..

post-336-0-15663200-1321126902.jpg

post-336-0-56560500-1321126903.jpg

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

be interested to see the models.

do you know if he'll be at the london transport in miniature weekend at acton depot? Not so good last year but its really the mecca for LT modellers. Usually second week in march or so.

He would usually be behind 'Abbey Road', but that has back to back weekends at Abingdon and Worcester shows next March, so won't be at Acton. Roger and some of his stock will be at Kew Bridge steam museum this coming Saturday, which is where I hope to pass the etches on..

Jon

• 2 months later...

Another person interested in Lillie Bridge :) I'm building a layout based upon it, the basis of the shed is going to be the metcalffe LT bus garage, but need to do some more research as to how much modification i'll need to do, but it has the right look/shape to my eye to be a starting point to go from.

That'll take quite a bit of cutting around. How about using the Kingsway Models depot building? It's based on Ealing Common, and looks like a narrower version of the bridge.

I'll take a look at the Kingsway Models one, and see how it looks. If worse comes to worse, the Metcalfe one can become a diorama model with suitable LT busses.

Their Bexleyheath bus garage, is a kit I'll probably get actually at the Acton Open Day, as I grew up near there, and used to travel past it by bus or walk past it most day growing up until I went to university.

That'll take quite a bit of cutting around. How about using the Kingsway Models depot building? It's based on Ealing Common, and looks like a narrower version of the bridge.

Ah! I remember Kingsway Models now. Remember looking at their stuff in the past.

What I was referring to using the Metcalfe kit for was the Steam shed at Lillie Bridge. The Ealing common depot you refer to will be suitable for the Electric Car Shed opposite, which will form the fiddle yard entrance. When the plans are finalised it'll be a bit clearer when a plan is drawn at put on the relevant blog.

Ah! I remember Kingsway Models now. Remember looking at their stuff in the past.

What I was referring to using the Metcalfe kit for was the Steam shed at Lillie Bridge. The Ealing common depot you refer to will be suitable for the Electric Car Shed opposite, which will form the fiddle yard entrance. When the plans are finalised it'll be a bit clearer when a plan is drawn at put on the relevant blog.

Hi Kelly,

I was driving into work this evening thinking just that! I think the metcalfe depot building would work really well just add a hipped corrugated roof and those awful oversized ventilators and you've got yourself an LT steam shed! It's a shame the old steam shed at Neasden was demolished not long ago, that was probably a nicer structure than the one at Lillie Bridge; not only that it really did mark the end of an era. No more chances to go flashing past on an A60 set looking out to see what was first off shed for Steam on the Met...

Hi Kelly,

I was driving into work this evening thinking just that! I think the metcalfe depot building would work really well just add a hipped corrugated roof and those awful oversized ventilators and you've got yourself an LT steam shed! It's a shame the old steam shed at Neasden was demolished not long ago, that was probably a nicer structure than the one at Lillie Bridge; not only that it really did mark the end of an era. No more chances to go flashing past on an A60 set looking out to see what was first off shed for Steam on the Met...

Yep, that was my plan, and a few other details. But as a basis I think it is just right, the door style is right, and the size looks about right. Thinking about it, it wouldn't surprise me if LT based it loosley on a bus garage at the time to save costs anyway!

The ventilators were ugly beasts thats for damn sure!

I think with the metcalfe and kingsway buildings, the two main buildings I need are covered, the rest is track...

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Archived