Warley update new models

alibuchan

• RMweb Gold

Here's a few more, mainly Desiro, pics from the Farish display:

84c4acb0.jpg

ccb15748.jpg

40702852.jpg

It looks superb, and it was nice to see they have attempted to give some impression of that mass of cabling between the vehicles.

Tom.

• RMweb Premium

All looking very good and quite advanced stages of development. At the moment the Desiro's are a March/April release on Bachmann's web site.

Is there any news of a refurbished Class 37 (especially a 37/4, 37/5 37/6)? Now in 1:76 there is tooling for all major refurbished variants, its seems such a missed opportunity for such a popular class of loco not to bring them to 1:148 scale, don't you think?

Any word on when the buses are due?

They must be getting close as there was some in full retail packaging on display in Scenecraft display cabinet, along with some interesting new buildings including the Single track Maintenance depot and carriage shed, similar to the OO gauge versions. Other new buildings included the station based on the Great Central Railway.

Any word on when the buses are due?

Many thanks Alistair, I really appreciate you taking the time to obtain the pictures and post them for all the non-Warley attendee's to see. There are some very nice looking models but I too was wondering about the status of the bus models.

Many thanks Alistair, I really appreciate you taking the time to obtain the pictures and post them for all the non-Warley attendee's to see. There are some very nice looking models but I too was wondering about the status of the bus models.

The buses were there in the blister packs at the bottom of the n gauge display so I would guess they are pretty close. I took some video and will be uploading it to my Youtube channel in the next couple of days.

R E

Just looked at the Bachmann site and it looks like the GUVs and BGs have been pushed back a couple of months. I think they were originally Dec/Jan releases but are now marked as Feb/Mar.

Also, the photos above appear to show the GUV in Express Parcels branding, a change to the standard blue that the Bachmann website is showing.

• RMweb Gold

More photos from show. New N gauge Scenecraft

post-6100-0-99264100-1321825032_thumb.jpg

post-6100-0-02262600-1321825036_thumb.jpg

post-6100-0-13510800-1321825039_thumb.jpg

post-6100-0-26581500-1321825044_thumb.jpg

post-6100-0-32617300-1321825029_thumb.jpg

Weathered Tankers

post-6100-0-11604800-1321825047_thumb.jpg

BG and GUV

post-6100-0-38231500-1321825050_thumb.jpg

Dapol A3 & A4

post-6100-0-45662900-1321825053_thumb.jpg

post-6100-0-57560300-1321825062_thumb.jpg

Peco BR 20 ton Pig Iron Wagon kit 9ft wheelbase. (Not sure if this is new but I hadn't noticed it previously.)

post-6100-0-68753400-1321825290_thumb.jpg

JCMJCM

Hi All

Went to Warley today Well impressed with the "Desiro" can not wait . ( Well my Bank manager is not impressed!!!!!)

spent a fortune today :sungum:

Class 411 superb model. ( GET IN!!!!!)

looking forward to getting another GBRf 66 this time 66729 " Derby county" :senile:

and my Dad is looking forward to the Standard 5 steamer

Well now i better start saving again

Cheers

AndyT

All looks very interesting. But was anything said about the Ivatt Mickey Mouse 260 which has been in the plans for c 5 years? Indeed at the 2008 N Gauge show, Colin Albright gave me a slightly dirty look when I queried its expected appearance date.

From the Farish guys on the stand on Saturday at Warley:

2MT will be loco driven with DCC socket in the tender and expected Q4 2012 (we'll see).

J39 also expected Q4 2012

5MT and WD expected Q2 2012

Weathered pressflows (which I'm interested in) due by end of November 2011.

From the Farish guys on the stand on Saturday at Warley:

2MT will be loco driven with DCC socket in the tender and expected Q4 2012 (we'll see).

J39 also expected Q4 2012

5MT and WD expected Q2 2012

Weathered pressflows (which I'm interested in) due by end of November 2011.

Another 12 months before we see the 2MT...? :O

What a shame..wasn't it originally announced in 2009?

R E Faust

• RMweb Gold

R E Faust

Hi there,

I'm not familiar with the prototype, but perhaps it has taken more development work than some of the other models? I suspect some products will (by virtue of using existing drive systems, or having more space inside) be less challenging than others.

And personally, I would rather they take their time and get it right, than rush it to hit an arbitrary deadline and release a substandard product!

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

R E Faust

Yes, but I believe they had some difficulty getting the mechanism into such a small tender. Now it seems Farish are abandoning that method of drive in their newest models and the 2MT will benefit from this. If the loco drive mechanism Farish come up with works and works better than the tender drive, then the extra wait will be worth it I feel.

Tom.

Yes, but I believe they had some difficulty getting the mechanism into such a small tender. Now it seems Farish are abandoning that method of drive in their newest models and the 2MT will benefit from this. If the loco drive mechanism Farish come up with works and works better than the tender drive, then the extra wait will be worth it I feel.

Tom.

Not a lot wrong with the tender-drives in my experience (Last count I have 15 tender driven Farish models).

In N there is good reason to put the drive mechanism in the tender and if Farish choose to go the loco-drive route with the Ivatt I wonder what compromises will have to be made with the loco body - motor in the cab maybe or possibly a boiler skirt? I would have thought that there is a lot of difference between putting an 8mm coreless motor in a relatively big boilered loco like a WD or Standard 5 and crowbarring it into a loco as small as an Ivatt, indeed it that is the plan, my bet is that we will never see it.

Personally I hope the J39 employs the ecellent tender-drive the B1 currently uses.

Roy

Have to say that the pantogoraph on the 350 looks very nice and fine. Ok, not a Brecknell-Willis, but not a deal breaker for me.

Quote from the Bachmann_Farish website: prototypical non-working pantograph

hmmm, I think the word order could have been better, or are the pantographs on the protoype non-working as well? :-)

anyway so looking forward to it!

jgp

Archived