Warley update new models

alibuchan

• RMweb Premium

Personally I hope the J39 employs the ecellent tender-drive the B1 currently uses.

Roy

Speaking to Colin back in September at TINGS, he implied that every new loco would be assessed individually as to the best method of motorisation, and he said he expected the J39 to use the B1 tender drive as it is a simple 0-6-0 so no valve gear to lock up.

Cheers Richard

Speaking to Colin back in September at TINGS, he implied that every new loco would be assessed individually as to the best method of motorisation, and he said he expected the J39 to use the B1 tender drive as it is a simple 0-6-0 so no valve gear to lock up.

Cheers Richard

Hi Richard

There has been such a lot of hype about the loco-drive models that I had forgotten that, but now you mention it, I do recall that from a conversation I had with him too. A tender driven J39 will be fine by me.

I also recall Colin Allbright posing the question to the effect that if I had spent a lot of money on a 4 axle LNER tender-drive wouldn't it make sense to recoup the investment over more than one model? Cleverly worded - not saying they were, but it stuck with me.

As an aside, I have heard about some having valve gear lockups, but not one of my Farish tender drive locos has suffered this. I do wonder if the problem is really that widespread, certainly none of my fellow club members have reported any problems.

I do take great care handling my locos, ensuring do not pick them up by the valve-gear etc and always keep/transport them in their original boxes and packaging, but that's all,I do....

Roy

I also recall Colin Allbright posing the question to the effect that if I had spent a lot of money on a 4 axle LNER tender-drive wouldn't it make sense to recoup the investment over more than one model? Cleverly worded - not saying they were, but it stuck with me.

I'd say it would be a safe assumption to expect an A2 in the next year or so. If there were plans for a new A3 and/or A4 they might be undergoing something of a rethink unless they were past the point of no return :(

The P2 had an 8 wheel tender though didn't it?

Nobody seems to have noticed the new n gauge scenecraft items. You might also want to check out the scenecraft page on the Bachmann website where they have made many new announcements for n:

Including:

All the farm buildings previously in OO

The village and cottages on show at Warley

The Single Road Modern Servicing Shed

All the Great Central Railway buildings (Can't wait for these now!)

http://www.Bachmann.co.uk/prod1.php?prod_selected=scraftn&prod=1

Nobody seems to have noticed the new n gauge scenecraft items. You might also want to check out the scenecraft page on the Bachmann website where they have made many new announcements for n:

Including:

All the Great Central Railway buildings (Can't wait for these now!)

http://www.Bachmann....=scraftn&prod=1

Oh, dear - with these & all the locos recently released (or planned to be), a layout based on the GC main line to London really is viable, isn't it...?

Must resist, must resist... :stop:

• RMweb Premium

The new buildings are certainly very pretty but they mostly strike me as suffering from shrinkage, something that most premade items of this type seem to exhibit.

Oh, dear - with these & all the locos recently released (or planned to be), a layout based on the GC main line to London really is viable, isn't it...?

Must resist, must resist... :stop:

A 9F on several dozen coal wagons running through the scenery would be pretty impressive.

The scenecraft n page has been updated again, including photos of some of the items. A lot are just the OO versions for the time being (so we'll have to wait to see how the Great Central buildings look), but some are in fact the n ones, these are:

Blue Anchor Signal Box

Garage Georgian Townhouse

Derelict Signal Box

Ash Plant

Thatched cottage

and

Single Road Servicing Shed, which looks pretty stunning if you ask me.

http://www.Bachmann.co.uk/prod1.php?prod_selected=scraftn&prod=1

As far as i remember it was announced as far back as 2007!

Ollie

I have been away all week so am catching up.

Yes, it may even have been late 2006. My recollection is that it was shortly after Dapol launched the tank version and that the Farish announcement resulted in Dapol pulling back from their plans for the tender loco. Shame; we might have had it by now.

Thankfully we seem to have moved on from announcements being made so far before a realistic launch date.

I too will hope for and indeed expect as high quality model, in all respects, given the (6 year?) timescale. And if Dapol can produce tiny locos such as Terriers, 14XX then it cannot be that difficult to produce the Mickey Mouse. My 2 Minitrix have both bitten the dust, so I am ready for it.

Meanewhile I have had no problems with thosse releases I have purchased; my 101 is excellent and the 73XXX looks most promising.

Oh, whilst talking about updates to the Bachmann website, I forgot to mention there are now images of all the painted samples of the new MK1's (in all liveries):

RMB

BCK

BG

GUV

But no image what-so-ever for the FO, yet they are due the same time as the BCK. Were these on show at Warley?

http://www.Bachmann....d=farish&prod=3

Pity two of the network rail liveried coaches are old style printed coaches - but still the same price as the blue riband versions.

Perhaps the FOs are not on the site because they on released the last batch of the current printed detail FOs in the summer and have stock to clear before releasing the new ones.

• RMweb Gold

Hi I asked about the NR coaches and was advised that due to the grills and altered windows the printed option was the only viable option. Colour to be improved with double hit printing.

looking good in concept and we have all with weathering used the flush sides for years so not a problem.

Robert shrives

Hi I asked about the NR coaches and was advised that due to the grills and altered windows the printed option was the only viable option. Colour to be improved with double hit printing. looking good in concept and we have all with weathering used the flush sides for years so not a problem.

Snag is that the ones on display at Warley, and also in the pics on their website, show old style Mk1 coaches with the old style chunky generic underframe and ends and old non NEM bogies, yet they are marked up as 'blue riband' quality. Let's hope they upgrade those detail areas at least to the current new standards even if they need to print the window and grille arrangements on the body sides.

G.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived