Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Putting a face to your name?

With my visit to Warley last Saturday I was wondering as I walked around the show I thought how many of the people I see here are members on here. And how nice it is also to put a face to a name. Does anyone else ever get this. I just like to know what people look like sometimes when you chat to them on here

• RMweb Gold

With my visit to Warley last Saturday I was wondering as I walked around the show I thought how many of the people I see here are members on here. And how nice it is also to put a face to a name. Does anyone else ever get this. I just like to know what people look like sometimes when you chat to them on here

I was there Sunday so I missed you :stinker:

I know what you mean though, tis good to put a face to a name.

I suppose it must confirm both sides to the point Earl Bathurst was making in his opening posting that on Sunday at the NEC I recognised Chris F from the mugshot attached to his profile, but didnt feel it was worth greeting him as the lack of one attached to mine meant he wouldnt have had the slightest idea who I was.

I'm not embarrassed (not much, anyway):

post-9016-0-93027900-1322085310.jpg

That's a fairly recent photo of me (on the left) with the late Barry Webber of Antiques Roadshow (USA) who was my best pal in the 'States.

One of the Guitar Forums I'm a member of linked up with a T-Shirt company for them to produce an agreed Forum T-Shirt, handle the orders and fulfillment to members. In fact the Forum Admin once he'd done the deal just collected a small royalty on every sale.

Best, Pete.

So pete is suggesting that at the next big exhibition we all wear rmweb t-shirts,

I guess it would result in two things happening:

1) More members to the forum which will bring good modellers to add to the wealth of knowledge and advice and less experienced modellers who can benefit from the above.

2) The local pub looking like it's been invaded by a secret organisation in navy blue T-shirts

I'll be the one at the bar drinking Black Sheep (or Spitfire if south) and eating a burger.

I have a general policy to not put up mugshots on any site that I cannot set my privacy levels. However at the next big event I'll happily come say hello and have a pint. rmweb shirts with a printed name on the front/back sounds good. I guess my psuedonym would have to be printed, but my real name would be revealed upon introductions :P

That is me in my current profile pic - but I'm not exactly recognisable in it. My Flickr one is more obviously me, though.

I've been to meetups of internet people with name badges before, and you see an interesting variety: who uses their real name, who their screen name, who puts both, which one they put first in that case, what colour pen they use ... it's a psychological research study in the making!

• RMweb Gold

I did have my work lanyard round my neck at warley on sunday as well as my uniform on as i went after work, im fairly big and my badge says jim on it, i suppose members who saw me but dont know me could have put 2 and 2 together!

So pete is suggesting that at the next big exhibition we all wear rmweb t-shirts,

1) More members to the forum which will bring good modellers to add to the wealth of knowledge and advice and less experienced modellers who can benefit from the above.

2) The local pub looking like it's been invaded by a secret organisation in navy blue T-shirts

I'll be the one at the bar drinking Black Sheep (or Spitfire if south) and eating a burger.

Perhaps we should have T-shirts with our avatar pic on them...

It wouldn't work for me. I'd be the T-shirt that gets deleted by a Mod.

Probably why I choice the avatar name of Highlandman as well as being a named service to north of the border. This is me when I gave a short talk about Burns Night to the children at the primary school my wife works at.

post-8259-0-09193800-1322092363.jpg

Archived