New Bachmann B1

Ian Hargrave

Someone better tell Bachmann then as their is no mention of any B1 on their "due in the next 60 days list"

That's because its in the arrivals in the last 30 days bit, 4th one down, no photo yet though...

Mike

Excellent news - I'm after a body for another project, hopefully an updated-release, however minor the updates, will see the usual cascade of older ones on to eBay!

Or failing that, if anyone has a non-runner or body, I have some cash ;-)

Excellent news - I'm after a body for another project, hopefully an updated-release, however minor the updates, will see the usual cascade of older ones on to eBay!

I put my three on ebay about 6 months ago in anticipation.

Hope I did the right thing......

Cheers.

Sean.

Direct quote from Bachmann reproduced without consent from Andy Y's post #719 in the All Over Hornby Like A Cheap Suit thread, or whatever it's called:

"Replacing the chassis of the B1, A4 and V2 started long before we announced it last March. The work continues as the first of the B1’s is in the process of being released to retailers and the first of the new chassis A4’s are now in the hands of magazine reviewers."

• RMweb Premium

I have one that is currently without a DCC decoder, I did think about putting it onto the Marketplace but thought no-one would want it. Not sure what it's worth though.

I have one that is currently without a DCC decoder, I did think about putting it onto the Marketplace but thought no-one would want it. Not sure what it's worth though.

Well I'm really looking for quite a poor example, as I'm only after the body to convert into a K1! I'd imagine that for a working (albeit unchipped) loco you'd be after a bit more than I'm intending to pay!

• RMweb Premium

Well I'm really looking for quite a poor example, as I'm only after the body to convert into a K1! I'd imagine that for a working (albeit unchipped) loco you'd be after a bit more than I'm intending to pay!

OK, no problem.

Hi 37255.

Have a look at my thread on the old site prior to making the first incision.

Mines not perfect, but the thread may give you some pointers. If not, nothing lost.

Cheers.

Sean.

It looks to me as if the existing Neanderthal method of tender to loco coupling has been retained. Your opinons,gentlemen ? If that IS the case,I,m out.

It doesnt matter to me so long as neaderthal Bachmanns are fitted back and front. What coupling system do you use?

• RMweb Premium

I've just looked at the photos on the Hattons site. The coupling looks like every previous Bachmann coupling, so I don't see a problem.

I know that Hornby are introducing a permanent engine-loco coupling, but is that such an advantage?

The handrails look like those on the previous incarnation. But the weathered model looks pretty fine.

Jeff

Personally I just use whatever loco/tender coupling is available - its only a coupling! If it is of a reasonable spacing, and works, it will do.

Example1. Old BacchyReplica B1 (the proverbial hammer with a new head and handle!) is closer coupled with a 10BA screw for a pin. Actually permanently coupled as I've wired across to the tender pickups.

Example 2. Baccy 105 dmu - same as loco/tender in reality - I've removed the inner couplings. Now closer coupled with a brass wire loop on one and brass wire bent upwards a s a hook on the other. Again permanently coupled as both cars are wired together.

Must admit I do like the Hornby plug/socket arrangement for wiring though, very neat. Used to using the same style of connector in my day job.

Stewart

Archived