Captain Kernow

The changing face of Bristol

41 minutes ago, rodent279 said:

A better photo of Gypsy Patch bridge, taken this evening complete with a short formation HST crossing.

IMG_20200304_173847.jpg

Is there a plan to do the same at Hatchet Lane, next to Parkway station?  There doesn't seem to be the room but it does seem quite constraining, especially when two buses meet.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Northmoor said:

Is there a plan to do the same at Hatchet Lane, next to Parkway station?  There doesn't seem to be the room but it does seem quite constraining, especially when two buses meet.

Not that I'm aware of, I cycle through that bridge most days, and yes, I was thinking it would be a good idea. I think there's room, but it would be a much bigger job, as for a start, the bridge at Parkway carries about 6 roads.

Mostly if two buses meet, one waits for the other. It's not great for cyclists, although there is a cycle lane, you still get impatient motorists breathing down your neck, because the 10 seconds it takes you to cycle between the two roundabouts either side of the bridge is about 8.5 seconds too long for them.

Edited by rodent279
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 03/03/2020 at 16:22, young37215 said:

Popped down to Patchway this afternoon in anticipation of the road closure at Gypsy Patch Lane. Stopped at the station an was staggered to see a passenger lift being installed. I am not sure what the annual footfall is but I cannot understand the economic case for this at such a minor station. It’s no wonder Network Rail cost so much to run.

9A519AB1-24C2-4CAB-B821-0C39B3479CD0.jpeg.38cce07cb0c96773b71746eff157d616.jpeg

However many people use it, it's a vast improvement on the old thing.

• Agree 2

Gypsy Patch update-the road closed today for 8 months, to allow for the bridge to be replaced over Easter, and the road and other works to be completed.

• Informative/Useful 2

Posted (edited)

3 not very well lit photos of the bridge, taken a couple of days after the road closure. I think the sheet piles mark the approximate extent of the new bridge.

IMG_20200311_175335~2.jpg

IMG_20200311_175327~2.jpg

IMG_20200311_175308~2.jpg

Edited by rodent279
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

Just to let you Bristol people know, No services on the 'Beach' between the 09:11 BTM- Severn Beach and return and the 15:11 BTM-Severn Beach for the foreseeable future. Weston to Filton/Parkway are also suspended. Hourly between Bristol-Paddington. Weymouth trains will start/terminate at Westbury.

CHECK BEFORE YOU TRAVEL.

AND

DON'T UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Reckon the next time I see that bridge it'll be rebuilt. Assuming of course that work continues unabated.

• Like 1