LT Pannier L94 - 19.11.2011 you tube clips - dynamic !

D826

LT fans,

You might be interested in these clips of the recent 'Double headed panniers', including L94, proving why my old man, Ray Wood, used to refer to them as 'dynamic'.

Dad drove the Panniers from Neasden depot and reckoned they were fantastic locos after the Met F class etc. Certainly some good clips in here and I reckon the old boy was looking down and smiling at some of the performances and driving on show here.

All power to Tyseley's elbow - these two to me are really cracking locos and maybe surprised a few people with their fleetness of foot and haulage capacity - [Dad reckoned they'd pull anything, it was stopping that was sometimes the problem, though I imagine some of the PWay trains weren't continuously braked ?]

Anyway, nice to see a pannier in LT livery working very hard on the main line. Some of these quadruple bits of track look like the quadruple sections of Met lines round Harrow.

Enjoy.

Regards

Matt Wood

Cracking footage there. The panniers always have been well loved because they are so useful and seemingly very easy machines to maintain. Your dad is right in saying stopping was more difficult as LT removed the vac pipes (and I assume the various fittings). Really hope this pair get more outings, a credit to Tysley.

I was on that trip, certainly a good performance. a little stop start for water and pathing but all in all a goody day.

They certainly did there work, maintainin ghtere speed up around their 45mph maximum most of the mainline part of the trip. Though the stretch through the 4 tracks around burton, and possibly down through loughborough they were pushing it!

Though perhaps a better one to watch and chase than ride for parts.

LC

Archived