Johnson's Klear

• RMweb Gold

Anyone else had an issue with the original Klear going "gloopy" ?

Some time ago, I decanted a small amount into a screw top glass jar for hand brushing use, went to use it today and it's gone all "gloopy" almost like syrup ? Any suggestions on thinning it if possible, and/or cleaning out the jar.............

I should perhaps mention the remaining Klear in the Johnsons bottle has remained "watery/normal" 

TIA

Ken

Campaman is right, it has started to dry out. Throw it away and use the stuff in the original bottle. It's a floor polish, and has been replaced by Pledge multi-surface wax, which does exactly the same job, even though it is no longer absolutely clear.

I would say its started to dry out, so your jar is probably not as air tight as the original bottle is.

I keep smaller amounts decanted out into small glass or plastic bottles such as the type that cough remedies come in.

It's a small airbrush glass paint jar with screw lid and seal it's been stored in so should be airtight but perhaps not ?

.............even though it is no longer absolutely clear.

I would argue with that statement.

Even though the new version is not clear in the bottle it dries completely clear. I've done a side-by-side comparison old v new and I could not see any difference when applied to a piece of clear plastic sheet.

I'll do the test again and post some photos of the results.

• RMweb Gold

I would argue with that statement.

Even though the new version is not clear in the bottle it dries completely clear. I've done a side-by-side comparison old v new and I could not see any difference when applied to a piece of clear plastic sheet.

I'll do the test again and post some photos of the results.

Argue? I suppose I should have added the words, "in the bottle" to the end of my statement, just to make my meaning klear. You and I are actually saying the same thing, so I don't think there is an argument going on.

Argue? I suppose I should have added the words, "in the bottle" to the end of my statement, just to make my meaning klear. You and I are actually saying the same thing, so I don't think there is an argument going on.

Well, perhaps you could have been clearer ;-)

Regardless, I want to make it clear that the difference between old Klear and new Klear (Pledge multi-surface wax) is totally clear to me. Old Klear was clear when applied and clear in the bottle whereas new clear is also clear when applied although not clear when in the bottle.

I hope that's clear?

So old Klear is clear and dries clear but new Klear is not clear but dries clear but is not called Klear :-)

I still have a full bottle of the old stuff un-opened and half a bottle opened, so don't think I will need to get any of the new stuff for a while.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

can I just ask - is this what the packaging looks like now?

This is very confusing as the packaging and name is seemingly always changing...

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/sainsburys-price-comparison/Household_Cleaning/Pledge_Multisurface_Wax_750ml.html?TrackingCode=701.hJ7zblki4EuAeOiWH0-ttg

It's a commercial product so you can expect packaging changes on a continuing basis. It might even be called "New" from time to time. The name remains as "Pledge Multi-Surface Wax", that's the important bit. It still does the same job as Johnson's Klear.

Archived