Diesel sounds

merlinxlili

Since I last reported on sounds for 071/111 and 201 Class locos, I have obtained sound decoders for these classes from the Belfast Model Shop which are on Zimo sound decoders.

After much comparison, and experimentation with different settings, I have concluded that the ESU Loksound V4.0, and even the Loksound Select sound programs, are far superior to the ones on the Zimo decoders from Belfast. The quality of the sounds on all of the different decoders is not in question, they are all good, but the synchronisation, and response, of the sounds to movement of the locos is far superior with the ESU Loksound decoders.

Reading between the lines of the ESU descriptions of the downloads on their website, I also suspect that the downloadable programs are the same as those on the sound decoders supplied by Murphy Models. Unfortunately, I have not had any experience with Murphy Models sound decoders. Too expensive to compare, when I already have a number of sound decoders I am perfectly happy with, and a couple that I am not.

Archived