Lincoln Central Station

arff999

Hi

Spent the evening programing lots of routes on my Big Bear DCC pc control program rather pleased with the outcome, I was going to use RR and Co but as i decided i only need it for route setting and turn out control it was a better option works basically the same but far easier.

go have a look see what you think its free to try

no connection with them just a statisfied user

http://www.bigbearrail.com/

post-4624-0-26970800-1352669390_thumb.png

JOHN

HI

A couple of pictures of the new covered footbridge to the high street end off the layout i was not sure about the first effort it was ok but proved a little difficult to get windows to fit so i made this one from a few metcalffe kits and some off the bits from the old bridge also some ratio sheets, i think it looks a lot better.

take a lok and see what you think.

A few things happening tomorrow get some people from the local uni comming to see the layout and to do a article about building model railways,take some pictures should be fun.

Also got to get some more its to do some work on the final basebord turn outs

JOHN

post-4624-0-74385600-1352760883.jpg

post-4624-0-01423300-1352760913.jpg

post-4624-0-59525900-1352760929.jpg

• Like 10

• 4 weeks later...

Starting to look into modelling the platform furniture and concentrating things at the High Street end whilst waiting for the tortoise motors to complete the Pelham Bridge end. It's turning out to be a difficult search in finding shots looking south down High Street from the level crossing. We could also do with a recommendation for any kits out there to represent BR station lamp posts. Any ideas anyone?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Been at work most of christmas and had an idea a while ago to re do my control panel as it looked a little bit amaturish and some people were finding it hard to understand as a lot of the switches were close together.

So a week or so before christmas i started to plan a new one that i hope will be a lot easier to work (adam lol)(wont be able to shout at him then) also some thing that looks good i think what i have now is rather smart hope you agree.

comments please

These first pictures show the front side and the later ones the rear wiring just a few more led`s to connect but it all works ok so far.

post-4624-0-84775400-1356727445.jpg

post-4624-0-67448100-1356727492.jpg

post-4624-0-67081200-1356727519.jpg

post-4624-0-87418400-1356727605.jpg

post-4624-0-51961400-1356727635.jpg

• Like 2

Neat work with the mini panels, I plan to do something similar with STM30's for loconet.

Hi Packetlos

There a pretty good bit of kit but as far as i know they ony work with NCE systems, i use them for all my route setting and also functions switching

So far all have performed perfect i get 15 turn out`s controlled from one Minipanel.

Thanks for looking

JOHN

This layout is going to be the best one I've seen and so far the only one I've seen of Lincoln Central I'm planing my own layout which I'm going to be basing it on Lincoln St Marks but with a twist its going to have 2 bay platforms were the turntable used to be which is now where the Argos loading by is but I'm going to be using the metcalfe mainline station instead of trying to find the scale drawings for the station buildings i also have my own YouTube channel if anyone wants to have a look its MadonTrains83.

Bye for now

Adam

Hi Billyb

Thanks for that, took me a while to complete, all tested out ok just need to get the new box sorted out then put it all back together again, i need to get it done pretty soon as we have a test day looming.

But if all else fails i can still use the pc to control the turn outs  

JOHN

You've made super progress John. The more you do, the more I want to build my modern interpretation of the location. Then I realise I don't really have the space!

I really look foward to further updates and seeing the finished article.

New loading ramp to allow cattle trucks to unload in to cattle pens now purchased just needs fitting and the side fencing sorting out.

Also the last but one back scene is now fitted need to sort out last back board on the Pelham Bridge  base board then it can also  be fitted, fence for the cattle dock and coal merchant area now bought as i want to put a row of high trees and some low bracken type hedging along the back behind it hopefully this will blend the back scene sky and the trees together (i hope).

Looking forward to getting one fo the smaller station buildings once finished then i can be planted but a lot of the buildings will be removable as the cross joins the main building is abouut 1.6 mtrs long when complete.

All the station buildings are being consrtucted by some one else as i dont have the req skill level to do this but more on these later when i have spoke to the gent concerned, as he may want to post something in his own right.

A bit more work has been done on the box for the new panel, drawings have been done and trasfered to Cad as we speak, then off to the laser cutters, hopefully the price wont be to great and also wont take long to cut out and weld up,

Then i have to refit all the other bits back in to it and get it to work, should be fun, But as i posted before if i dont get it before the looming running/test weekend ill have to cobble together the old bits and reconect them or if all else fails ill just use the Big Bear DCC program i have. 

Thats about all for now have a look at the rest of the thread if your new, also any questions please ask away ill try to answer them.

JOHN.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all railway modellers, just finished reading all 8 pages and studying the pictures of the Lincoln central station very impressed. I have been looking for st marks station plans pictures etc but cannot find a thing but then again I am new all the best matt