Lincoln Central Station

arff999

• 1 year later...

Wow 

How time flies I've not been on here for an age, change of job, and generally just getting on with the normal lifestyle things, also my other hobbies.

A bit of an update

we took the layout out for a test to Bingham in Notts after finishing of the track wiring all worked ok, which was great.

Just a few small problems to alter on the control panel, where I numbered from the wrong end on the layout and the other on the panel DOH !!!!.

Cant have been that bad, as we came away with the vote for best layout, which came with a nice little trophy.

Thanks to Les and the rest of the team there great show.

This week in Railway Modeller is a nice article on the building of the main station building. By Howard Leader whom was responsible for a stunning model and to Paul Bason for taking the pictures (Thanks Guys).

The building is now fitted and the areas around are now ready to be finished.

The control panel is now being constructed smaller this time as the last one was huge.

more on that later when I get the pictures sorted.

99% of the control wiring is done and tested again that's another few pages to be sorted at a later time.

hope everyone's well. 

John.

• Like 7

• 2 years later...

Hi Jeremy.

Im good thanks. 

ive not made much progress to be honest over the lockdown period.

I had a job move just before and no work in north Yorkshire for DCC Concepts which to be honest is taking a lot of my time up 

The layout has had a new control panel made and is all working fine, the next big job bis the redo the power supply and connection box.

Regards.

John.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, arff999 said:

Hi Jeremy.

Im good thanks. 

ive not made much progress to be honest over the lockdown period.

I had a job move just before and no work in north Yorkshire for DCC Concepts which to be honest is taking a lot of my time up 

The layout has had a new control panel made and is all working fine, the next big job bis the redo the power supply and connection box.

Regards.

John.   

Thanks John for the update. I used to live in Saxilby in the 80's  when I was a child and remember the oil trains powering across the level crossing into Lincoln Central.

Best regards,

Jeremy