Jons Workbench

Good to catch up with the thread Jon and to see that you're still carrying on with 4mm and not just 7mm; all looks great. I really must stay on here more as I've drifted a little to concentrate on the other forum (committee commitments purely making me feel compelled to do so) - so time limited has left me away from here, but good to see the work again. If you're at Stoke Mandeville this weekend, please say "Hi" - I'll be on duty all weekend somewhere

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon -  a long overdue update  - I've been here there and everywhere recently -

Sorry I missed you at Scaleforum Jon - however your handywork in the display cabinet was much easier to spot! Some very nice small layouts this year- Nice to see Fryers lane in real life after following it on here. Mrs 43179 enjoyed Scaleforum too - I think Clecklewyke was her fave though with the nice old canal /lock  something that's very close to our hearts.

We also went to Bruntingthorpe for the Cold war Jets day - brilliant day if you like big boys toys - after seeing and hearing and feeling these things in action , seeing them sitting quietly in a museum just isn't the same. 

post-6893-0-49425600-1443526869_thumb.jpg

post-6893-0-16228200-1443527078_thumb.jpg

post-6893-0-49573900-1443527155_thumb.jpg

Mrs434179 likes the VC10 - shes got good taste

post-6893-0-37658200-1443527301_thumb.jpg

Some Trains - 

at the moment I'm putting transfers on  the silver 67 - here a quick shot of on side done, with the accompanying DVT - the latter has just had its buffers sprayed silver and the light clusters painted black , otherwise its perfect - Hornby did a great job of it.

post-6893-0-49519900-1443527477_thumb.jpg

Also building a 7mm class 122 - this is an Easybuild kit and I've really enjoyed it - the instructions are particularly good , with a CD full of reference photos included

post-6893-0-90160600-1443527753_thumb.jpg

Finally an RJH class 59 kit - and old kit , but not bad - it pays to research these a little online before building , as following the order of the instructions can cause problems , particularly with fitting the bulkheads into the bodyshell. Build the chassis first is rule no1 with this kit!  More on this later

post-6893-0-01655100-1443528056_thumb.jpg

tfn

Jon 

• Like 4

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Jon,

Any recent updates with the workbench or Laira and did you ever get round to finishing that St Blazey brake van?

I have a need to model a couple myself but struggling to find ID's from photos. I've found a photo of one at Marsh Mills so that will have to do for now.

Cheers

• 4 years later...

Absolutely loved reading this thread Jon @43179 - the 37s have been particularly inspirational to my P4 tractors I’m tarting up. Have you made any further progress on any stock or your superb layout? I think I remember seeing it with my dad at Scaleforum, I forget the year. Absolutely superb modelling!

Hopefully you’re still progressing with some P4 bits as your modelling is top class!

Kind regards,

Will

• 2 months later...