helm

cheers

40 yard dumpsters made out of 40 thou plasticard and strips

20 yard dumpster was made out of some scrap bits of the evergreen siding i used for the buildings + plastic strip

coat of red car primer then a bit of drybrushing, did them both this morning in a couple of hours

post-13979-0-35352000-1324246490_thumb.jpg

thanks again everyone for all the help

That looks more like the dumpsters I know!

It's picked up by the opposite end to the wheels and half dragged, half lifted onto a truck. I've added it to my "to be photoed list"...

Best, Pete.

Pedant Mode <ON>

I'm not 100% certain, but I think that L.I.J's 40ft dumpster may therefore have the wheels at the wrong end. They should be under the doors, rather than under the 'A' framing which looks like where the truck's hook would grab it.

Pedant Mode <OFF> (sorry...!!)

Actual positioning isn't that important - the truck can shove the dumpster about quite a bit to put it into silly places. BTW we do have them in the UK, but I think they are called something like "Ro-Ro Skips" (Roll-on, Roll-off).

i've made my to do list

detail loco's (some stuff ordered)

add lights to out side of buildings (photo's needed)

add welding effect to under boxcar

small trash bins

bit more layout clutter paper,wood etc

i've taken some photo's of the layout with nothing on ( as well as the layout)

would you all be kind enough to have a quick look to see if theres anything else detail wise it needs

space is at a premium so i won't beable to add anything large.

post-13979-0-34310100-1324304960_thumb.jpg

post-13979-0-69053500-1324304979_thumb.jpg

post-13979-0-94677700-1324304993_thumb.jpg

post-13979-0-10748900-1324305010_thumb.jpg

post-13979-0-24263200-1324305028_thumb.jpg

post-13979-0-26823400-1324305044_thumb.jpg

cheers for all you help so far

Ray, a good place to start might be here on this page http://www.ngineerin...ghting_kits.htm . Their main site is here

http://www.ngineering.com/index.htm , one of those places that I can spend hours poking about! Bear in mind that with a bit of bending of leads on LEDS you can make your own lamps for warehouse doors, and fit paper shades, or non-working ones can be made with glass-headed pins, and drilled out press-stud backs for the shades, and a bit more bending of the shaft into a sort of S-shape

googel brings up several suppliers http://www.layouts4u...%20lighting.htm is one Viessmann is another

cheers

40 yard dumpsters made out of 40 thou plasticard and strips

20 yard dumpster was made out of some scrap bits of the evergreen siding i used for the buildings + plastic strip

coat of red car primer then a bit of drybrushing, did them both this morning in a couple of hours

post-13979-0-35352000-1324246490_thumb.jpgThanks,what about dimensions?Just found some evergreen siding,so would like to have a go at one.

thanks again everyone for all the help

I can't keep up with you!

Most railroads over here do NOT close for Christmas (even the Commuter lines keep running on a holiday schedule, as do Buses).

Don't forget Christmas is just a one day holiday in the 'States and most companies will be open on Monday 26th this year.

Best, Pete.

Archived