59th AND RUST ( NOW retired 2021)

I'd like to promise I won't drive a loco off the end of the layout.... but I can't. :P

Well you managed not to drive into the canal on Menasha,which was better than what one of the regular crew did.

Just make sure that you turn up on the correct date, 20th to 22nd November.

Enjoyed seeing this layout at Wakefield today. This has to be one of the best layouts on the exhibition circuit - Presentation, attention to detail and capturing the feel of American urban decay are all perfect, not to mention a New Haven RS-1! Great stuff.

Enjoyed seeing this layout at Wakefield today. This has to be one of the best layouts on the exhibition circuit - Presentation, attention to detail and capturing the feel of American urban decay are all perfect, not to mention a New Haven RS-1! Great stuff.

Glad you enjoyed the layout, we had a near perfect weekend (Dave had a few wobbles Friday night due to the falling down water!), no major hiccups, just the usual, kadee springs disappearing.

Big thanks to Daniel for helping on the Saturday, hope you enjoyed it, once you got your head around the card system

That's it for this year (though got a couple of more invites), next show Alley Pally.

Ray

I had an awesome time operating 59th and Rust at Wakefield on Saturday, even if I did spend more time trying to fight through the crowds during my breaks than I did actually playing trains!

It's a testament to the quality of the show that it's always so busy, but it's also tiring.

The operating method is certainly interesting, and it took a lot of getting used to. Hopefully I didn't mess up too much.

I didn't get any photos as I was too busy concentrating, but I'm sure there were a lot taken. :)

Thanks to Ray for the invite, and the patience!

I'd best get working on getting West Allen Street ready for next years show! :D

Edited by DanielB
  • Like 1

I had an awesome time operating 59th and Rust at Wakefield on Saturday, even if I did spend more time trying to fight through the crowds during my breaks than I did actually playing trains!

It's a testament to the quality of the show that it's always so busy, but it's also tiring.

The operating method is certainly interesting, and it took a lot of getting used to. Hopefully I didn't mess up too much.

I didn't get any photos as I was too busy concentrating, but I'm sure there were a lot taken. :)

Thanks to Ray for the invite, and the patience!

I'd best get working on getting West Allen Street ready for next years show! :D

Yeap it's on the list!

Good to see the layout this weekend. It's every bit as good as I remember. The detail is fantastic and there was always that lovely burble of an Alco in the background when we were chatting.

Looks like ESU have just released exactly what you need for your RS-11

http://www.esu.eu/en/downloads/sounds/loksound-select/loksound-select-usa/

• Like 1

did you eat all that cake, or did you resist!!

Don't forget to go to the pie shop!, fancy living in wakey and not knowing it was there.

I know, I'm ashamed of myself. It's only open Monday, Friday and Saturday evenings so I'll have to wait a few days. 

Mondays and Fridays are our club nights and the club rooms are only a few hundred yards away. Modelling followed by pie - sounds like a fine evening.

Tried to make up for it with fudge cake for elevenses on Sunday. Can't resist.

• RMweb Premium

I have enjoyed re-reading the thread and seeing the layout at Wakefield, derby is even closer to home so I shall plan a solo visit although as far as I can remember the crowd were better behaved at Derby. By then I may have a thread running of my own.

I have enjoyed re-reading the thread and seeing the layout at Wakefield, derby is even closer to home so I shall plan a solo visit although as far as I can remember the crowd were better behaved at Derby. By then I may have a thread running of my own.

Glad you enjoyed the layout at Wakefield, make yourself known at Derby.

Ray

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Terrific layout Ray, unfortunately won't be able to make Ally Pally to see it for real.

I've found this thread to be very inspirational, aka shamelessly nicked ideas from it. So thanks and alpologies are in order in equal amounts I think!

Never mind Phil, you may catch the layout at another exhibition, this year Derby, Hartlepool, 2017 Normanton,Stafford, Trainwest , now't in Scotland, could do with a couple more ,but hey ho in the lap of the gods for that!

had plenty of inquires, but no replies, think where I live in the country doesn't help, as I have to set up Fridays, which means extra costs +fuel makes a smallish layout expensive for the smaller shows, but we'll wait and see 

Ray

Edited by long island jack