59th AND RUST ( NOW retired 2021)

Well done.

Will that be in it's CNJ guise or the more usual? Have to say I like the CNJ look.

The usual, I sent the article in February before East ferry was thought of, must say, wish i'd thought about it earlier, if any more exhibition manager want the layout, I will give them the option, but as exhibition are slowly drying up, it may not happen again.

Ray

• 2 months later...
  • long island jack changed the title to 59th AND RUST ( now nearly retired)
2 hours ago, mdvle said:

Reminder for those interested that the relevant issue should be out now or soon, but it's actually the APRIL 2019 issue of MR.

Thanks for that, all I was told was it would be out in March, which ,as you say is the April issue, haven't seen it yet, suppose to be some mag's in the post, hope so, as I can't get the mag any where local !!

• Like 1

Ray, I don't know if you have had your MR April 2019 issue yet, But I had a call last night from Chris Ellis - to tell me that I Must get the April Issue - " there is a SUPERB model of the back end of New York in it on page 30" - his words , not mine . He raved on about how it was the best article in the magazine, and probably, in fact, in the last five years.  When I told him that I knew you he asked me to tell you that it has inspired him - "I feel a new layout coming on!"  He knows the area well, has walked it,  and says you have caught it perfectly , to the extent that" ...I can almost smell it!" - high praise indeed from a fellow modeller and author - he asked me to pass on his congratulations

Edited by shortliner
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

Amazing what you see in a photo. Despite seeing this layout for real, I don't recall seeing the two Bill Posters putting up a new advert on that billboard before. A neat detail..!! :yes:

You'll have been to busy watching/ listening to those Alco's!!!

• Like 1

Raymond O'Neill(Long Island Jack), congratulations on having your 59th and Rust layout featured in the April 2019 Model Railroader magazine issue. I had just received my MR issue a few days ago in the mail. You have done a wonderful job capturing the spirit of New York and New Jersey with your modeling and detailing. Keep up the good work!

Wendell

Idaho, USA

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Thanks Wendall, glad you enjoyed the article and layout, just had an email from the editor of MR saying " there's been a lot of positive response about the article" and they've forwarded me a few emails from people asking question about different things.

Lets hope they do more about smaller layouts, instead of the basement empires

Ray

• Like 3

I sent them details of Naples Street some months ago but I really don't think they're interested in TT, especially when it's all made in Europe. But they do seem to be featuring more small layouts these days.

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 11:33, rodshaw said:

I sent them details of Naples Street some months ago but I really don't think they're interested in TT, especially when it's all made in Europe. But they do seem to be featuring more small layouts these days.

Hi Rod

I got a reply back in 48 hours, keep trying

On 18/03/2019 at 12:00, long island jack said:

Hi Rod

I got a reply back in 48 hours, keep trying

Good idea, I'll maybe have another go. I reminded them of an article they carried a couple of years back about the demise of American TT, and thought I might be able to grab their attention.

• long island jack changed the title to 59th AND RUST ( will be retired 2021)
  • 3 weeks later...