GWR B Set Diagram E147

• RMweb Gold

I'm currently building the Comet kit but don't possess any photos shewing the end detail other than one for the diagram E140.Is the train alarm gear the same on both types even though the E147 has flat not bowed ends.I want to know which side of the coaches centreline the upright pipe goes.I don't have all of Russells books.

I'm currently building the Comet kit but don't possess any photos shewing the end detail other than one for the diagram E140.Is the train alarm gear the same on both types even though the E147 has flat not bowed ends.I want to know which side of the coaches centreline the upright pipe goes.I don't have all of Russells books.

There are photos of D117 in Russell Vol 2, which is of the same yaer as E147. The alarm gear pipe runs mariginally to the right of the centre line, but only by a tiny amount.

Chris

The Tower Models website shews this diagram very nicely following a google search and the end detail is apparent.

http://www.tower-mod.../bset/index.htm

Assuming it's right of course. Making models of other models is a particularly risky pastime.

The Russell appendix Vol 1 also has a photo of E147, unfortunately only the outer end. That is very austere, only the electrical connectors, the lamp iron and what looks like a tiny works plate.

• RMweb Gold

I need a set of these for My Model of Llanfyllin, how do they go together, I have ready the Comet Guide to building Coaches and does not seem to be too complicated, Howver painting and lining are another thing altogether

They're very straightforward Terry.The worst job is fixing the door hinges because you have to drill .6mm holes for them if you want them.They go together nicely and take shape quite quickly.The first brass kit I ever tackled was the Comet B set [E129] and if I can do it anyone can trust me.

http://www.gwr.org.uk/probset.html

Funny you should ask this question Rob, as I was looking for details of the end steps on - guess what - the E129! How did you do yours?

As the control gear for the brake pipe appears to be on the inside on the E147, is it that crucial? The buffers are the short ones. Are you sure they're going to be visible.

• RMweb Gold

Funny you should ask this question Rob, as I was looking for details of the end steps on - guess what - the E129! How did you do yours?

It was my first ever coach of 10 years ago and I don't remember fitting any. :O

Archived