General Electric E33, E44, E40 and GF6C in N scale

Thanks Wild Boar Fell and k-59.

I've been sent some photos of the models that have been printed so far by the person who commissioned them - a few are a bit blurry I'm afraid.

EP-5 / E40

S6301545.JPG

GF6C

S6301546.JPG

EF-3

S6301548.JPG

Osgood Bradley passenger car

S6301549.JPG

Supaned, I'm happy to do requests - all the models in this thread have been commissions. If let me know what you're interested in by PM or email I can give you a quote.

Paul

Paul,

Amazing work you have all of us Yanks waiting with baited breath for the rest of the New Haven stuff to become available.. And the icing on the cake is the Osgood Bradley coach!!!!!!!!!!

I know you keep saying a few months, but please dont hold back on us we all want to get our hands on your work.

Aaron

Thanks K-59. You're quite right, it's a Minitrix U28C chassis, which I understand is the same as the U30CG. It seemed to be the only one to have the same length as the EP-5, so no stretching or shrinking of the model was needed. It was also apparently comparatively easy to modify to fit within the low-roofed EP-5 body. As they aren't widely available any more I'm not sure what chassis to recommend when I release this model on Shapeways - any suggestions welcome.

Paul

The EP-5 / E40 is now available from my Shapeways shop http://www.shapeways.com/shops/amr . There are both as-built and modified versions, and it is also available with fine engraved guide lines to help apply the complex New Haven McGinnis livery.

I've found that the Dapol class 58 chassis is a very close match to the correct dimensions of the EP-5, and as a UK loading gauge loco it should also fit well within the EP-5's low roof.

Paul

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived