sound for 37906

birdbath

Good evening everyone.

This may have been covered before, but can anyone tell me if DCC sound for 37906 is available? I'd heard a rumour that you can get this as a 'special request' from Howes, who also do a 37901 chip.

Thanks for any help with this.

37 901 to 904 had Mirrlees, 37 905&6 had Ruston. Beware that the survivors sound very different in preservation than they did in BR days, as the troublesome silencers have I think been removed. Not that anyone is complaining! :sungum: hth, kev.

Good evening everyone.

This may have been covered before, but can anyone tell me if DCC sound for 37906 is available? I'd heard a rumour that you can get this as a 'special request' from Howes, who also do a 37901 chip.

Thanks for any help with this.

Hi

Howes Models list a 37 901 Slug Sound Decoder. Digitrains have a Zimo sound decoder for the 37/9's fitted with the Mirrless power unit

HTH

Thanks for the info so far.

I spoke to Howes yesterday and they told me they no longer do special requests, as the workload on the guy who does them was getting too great. I did point out that now that the Kernow limited edition pair of 905/6 have been released, there may be a market to do it as part of their range. It's certainly a distinctly different sound to 37901-4.

If anyone has attempted a version of their own, I'd be very interested to see a clip of it...

• RMweb Gold

quick reply from bryan to clarify the above......

I will be doing the Ruston 37906 as soon as I get the recordings from my friend, this is not a special request it will be a new project to complete the 4 variants of Class 37 sound.

the special request reference mentioned by Howes is actually  to do with altering existing programs to suit individuals on a bespoke basis. some thigs can still be be done easily on the Lok 4 , but due to the completely new structure, things that were releatively easy to do on the 3.5,are now  more difficult and  time consuming.

The Slug 6 will be done  but it wont be out for a little while as it is a new project, as soon as it is, Jim will put it up on Youtube and Howes will list it, I would be looking at late Feb early March all being well,   hope that clears up any confusion.

Happy New Year to all

Bryan

excellent news im a big fan of 37/9s i resprayed a Bachmann class 37 years ago as 37901 was my first attempt, here she is with lok3.5 and howes sound, 37906 and all other 9s are on my list to be done, im new here. hope you dont mind me sharing this vid of my pride and joy, sounds ace i think.

• 4 months later...

Archived