Preston & District Model Railway Exhibition - 3rd & 4th March 2012

Jeremy Davison

As we are now into January and 2012, I thought it apropriate to highlight the next Preston & District Model Railway Exhibition taking place in Preston on the 3rd & 4th March.

2012W.jpg

Click here to go to the Website - http://prestonanddistrictmrs.org.uk/

Layouts Appearing:-

St Marnock Engine Shed (0)

St Hildas (00/009)

Ynysybwl (00)

Wansbeck Rd (2mm Finescale)

Bee Lane (00)

Furka Oberalp (H0m)

Murrayville Yard (HO 16.5)

Eaton Gomery (00)

Farkham (00)

Old Mill Colliery Sidings (00)

Bodmin (N)

Hoglington (N)

Chelthwaite Mills (009)

Seven d'Wharfs (00)

Millfield (00)

Bishop's Quay (00)

Hardwater Canyon (Z)

Ouzel Thorn (016.5)

G - Wizz (G)

Hawes (N)

Ardson (00)

Trade Support From:-

Bay Models

Transport Models

Modelex

Rural Railways

Book Law

Plus Daughters

DG Collectables

The Green Scene Collection

D.C. Kits/DE Videos

Finishing Touches (Eazi Products)

A1 Models

Dean Sidings

Going Loco

MTFG Hobbies

Digitrains

Squire's Tools

Modelfair Direct

B&H Enterprises

Stevenson's Carriages

Unit Models

Preservation Society Stands

Lynton & Barnstaple Society

Poulton and Wyre Railway Society

West Lancashire Light Railway

Ffestiniog Railway Society

Ribble Vehicle Preservation Society (+ exhibition vehicle)

Stephenson Loco Society

Modelling Demonstrations

U.K.Train Simulator

North Turton '0' Gauge Group

Les Green

John Holden

Brian Pickersgill

Preston & District M.R.S (Information and second hand sales.)

Easy access from the M6 or from the railways station via bus (Detailed directions on the website http://prestonanddistrictmrs.org.uk/ )

Entry Fees:

Adults £6-00

Children: £4-00*

Family (2+2): £15-00

*For free admission for a child, click on the Exhibiton part of the website (http://prestonanddistrictmrs.org.uk/), print out and bring the voucher as detailed.

Hope to see you there

Regards

Jeremy

Getting withdrawal symptoms. Almost 4 weeks since Wigan and now we have to wait another two months for Preston instead of it's traditional slot which would have been this coming weekend (great antidote to mince pies and tinsel)...

I will be there with Hoglington: looks a very good line-up for 2mm scale - 3 top class N gauge layouts plus Wansbeck Road (which is actually 2mm Fine Scale)

Paul

Paul,

I know that I miss the exhibition straight after the New Year, but unfortunately the weather over the last two winters made it too much of a risk (you may remember that we had to cancel two years ago due to the snow!).

Thanks for pointing out the scale of Wansbeck Road, I'd just taken the details from our website. I've now amended its description.

Cheers

Jeremy

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Getting ready to help Mike with Herculaneum which may have even more developments.... Hoping to see some more Liverpool people at the show as they visited Leeds last year and said they would come to Preston

• 2 weeks later...

Ynysybwl is EM not OO. This is its 4th show and we still haven't finished building it.

I trust it will be finished for York at Easter then, or certain well known person, who is unfortunately no longer with us, will be most displeased :angry:

Mal

Please note that due to issues of ill health of one of the operators, Herculaneum Dock will unfortunately not be coming to the exhibition.

The good news is that it is already booked in again for next year.

The other good news is that MURRAYVILLE YARD, (USA Chicago in the 70s HO 16.5mm) will be attending this year to fill the space left by Herculaneum Dock, thanks to Normanton & Pontefract MRS.

The list of layouts at the top of this thread has been updated to take account of these changes.

Jeremy

• RMweb Gold

I'll be there with Severn D'Wharves. This will be (so far) its only outing for 2012 and possibly its last show as I've no more invites for it (it's already been everywhere?? I think). So if you want to see it and haven't yet, come on down to Preston. :-)

I'll be paying a visit on the Saturday to spend some money and take the mickey out of my fellow FMRC members while they're pretending to operate Ian Edward's '' fully automatic'' Furka Oberalp! Baseboards designed by Ian's insane imagination and built by yours truly. Take a look and shake head! :no: kev.

• RMweb Gold
I'll be there with Severn D'Wharves. This will be (so far) its only outing for 2012 and possibly its last show as I've no more invites for it (it's already been everywhere?? I think). So if you want to see it and haven't yet, come on down to Preston. :-)

Shameless bump and also a correction: Severn D'Wharves will also be at the Alsager club's show in Crewe in November. (I actually got around to checking my diary! :-0 ).

I'm hoping to get there for a couple of hours on Saturday - depends on work/family commitments. There's even a faint possibility that I may bike it there!

Cheers,

Mick

Mick,

It's not really a problem cycling there, (as its mostly downhill from yours), do I take it that as you don't mention biking it back, that you may be planning to use an alternaitve means of getting home (taxi, train ?!?) we need to know! :no: :heat:

Cheers

Jeremy

Today's the day everyone - Let the Show begin!!!!!

Just about to set off to get there in plenty of time to be first in the queue!!

Only kidding, I'll be walking right past that queue (Here's hoping there is one!!) to get in with plenty of time to put the stock on Bee Lane!!

Come and say hello, we don't bite.

Looking forward to seeing you all

Rob

Archived