Hobbyrail, Sutton Coldfiled

Coombe Barton

• 2 weeks later...

Drove past Hobbyrail on Saturday and can confirm the shop is now shut, however a sign in the window confirmed a new model railway shop is now open in Sutton Indoor markets. I haven't had chance to check it out yet. If anyone has, can you let us know opening hours & what they are stocking? 

Cheers

Sam,

I had to be in Sutton yesterday and popped into the market to see if they were there.

They were.

It is a small space at the moment, with only the remaining scenic stuff, some track and kits on show. Peter has held on to the RTR stock to take to Bloxwich, before letting these guys have the remainder.They are also awaiting new stock to arrive.

A very friendly couple of guys, both senior members of Bourneville MRS. They have some interesting plans, which include a bigger plot, a layout on the premises for children to be introduced to modelling and they may sell on the web, eventually.

Photos were due to be taken yesterday to get them re listed on the uk model shop site.

Worth keeping an eye on....

Peter

My last acquisition from HobbyRail turned out to be a Hornby LMS CCT which Peter knocked me out for a tenner. I wish him and family well in retirement and the best for Les and Len. They were great years, chaps. Thank you all.

• RMweb Premium

Popped in myself at lunchtime as I was working in Sutton today.

Obviously small beginnings as they still have to fully stock up but it looks promising. As I'm now working in in 7mm the vast majority of there kits and RTR stuff is of no interest but at least I've now got somewhere local to get plasticard, bits of brass, solvent and paints etc.

Two nice gents, I wish them every luck in their venture. Hopefully the town centre location will generate a greater footfall for them.

Shame to see Peter close up shop, I've spent countless hours mooching through over the years (and I dread to think how much money in the process!). With a bit of luck Patrick and Barrie can get their venture off the ground, even if only as a replacement for the shop at Riland Road. Having known them both for a good while I think it is in safe hands. :yes:

• 1 month later...

I've been into the new Hobbyrail a few times over the last few weeks & really wish Patrick & Barrie well with this venture. They've been really helpful with my beginner's questions & are already expanding & getting more stock in by the day

I've been into the new Hobbyrail a few times over the last few weeks & really wish Patrick & Barrie well with this venture. They've been really helpful with my beginner's questions & are already expanding & getting more stock in by the day

Where is the new pitch?

Where is the new pitch?

In the Indoor Market (or "InShops") on South Parade - just down the hill from the Santander bank. The unit is in the middle of the centre row in the market. A few weeks ago there wasn't much of a sign above the unit so you had to look for it but that might have changed recently.

In the Indoor Market (or "InShops") on South Parade - just down the hill from the Santander bank. The unit is in the middle of the centre row in the market. A few weeks ago there wasn't much of a sign above the unit so you had to look for it but that might have changed recently.

Ah great, thanks!  It's close to the guy who prints our t-shirts.  Know the pitch well.

Archived