Model Rail Scotland 2012 24th - 26th February

Stewart

Surprised that I couldn't find a thread for Model Rail Scotland 2012 so I thought I’d start one!

Looking forward to being part of the team exhibiting Hewisbridge at the SECC over Friday 24th, Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th February.

Interesting selection of guest layouts this year – particularly looking forward to seeing Rowlands Castle, Portchullin and Pempoul.

Full details available on the website: -

http://www.modelrail-scotland.co.uk/exhibition.html

Anyone else going?

Regards,

Stewart

I shall be there operating along with Dave Tailby and his layout Saxlingham.

I have been here every year for the last 5 years and it is one of the best shows in terms of organisation and as a social event in the calendar ( despite what some people seemed to think after last years event )

Looking forward to seeing some old faces ( and new ) :happy_mini:

• RMweb Premium

I would find it helpful if, in their publicity, they provided details of the scales/gauges of the various layouts.

I have to confess that, after last year's show, I said I wouldn't go again, but doubtless I will. But do note that booking online through TicketSoup will add £3.05 to your £9 day ticket, whileas there appears to be no extra charge for buying advance tickets directly from AMRSS.

DT

Looking forward to this, will be travelling up by train with a group of friends from the Scarborough & District Railway Modellers on the Friday. Mind you I'm not looking forward to the early departure !

Cheers

silverlink

Guest eddie reffin

Not going to make it this year unfortunately but the club will be attending with Cotesby. I hope that the larger floorspace is a success for all involved. Look forward to seeing pictures!

Cheers

Eddie

• 2 weeks later...

I would find it helpful if, in their publicity, they provided details of the scales/gauges of the various layouts.

I have to confess that, after last year's show, I said I wouldn't go again, but doubtless I will. But do note that booking online through TicketSoup will add £3.05 to your £9 day ticket, whileas there appears to be no extra charge for buying advance tickets directly from AMRSS.

DT

DT.

I'm giving this years show a miss as there's no layouts that really interest me enough.

(though I would recommend Pempoul if you've not seen it before)

I usually only go to Model Rail every second year, whereas I see the Perth Show each year.

i think the tourist attractions of the Perth are also a major factor... It's a nice place to visit.

My last good show was Wigan in December so I'm looking forward to a long weekend in York at Easter.

Hope you have a good day at Model Rail.

Mac.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for that, Mac. I have long admired Pempoul, but never yet seen it, so I think that that alone will be worth the trip.

I agree with your sentiments about Perth which, IMO, is the only "must see" exhibition in Scotland (helped by the fact that it's only a few miles down the road for me). Having said that, I managed to miss it last year due to holiday commitments foolishly made before I thought of checking the exhibition calendar.

I shan't be at York at Easter, though I will be venturing south of the border to Wakefield for Scalefour North a fortnight later.

DT

Thanks for that, Mac. I have long admired Pempoul, but never yet seen it, so I think that that alone will be worth the trip.

I agree with your sentiments about Perth which, IMO, is the only "must see" exhibition in Scotland (helped by the fact that it's only a few miles down the road for me). Having said that, I managed to miss it last year due to holiday commitments foolishly made before I thought of checking the exhibition calendar.

I shan't be at York at Easter, though I will be venturing south of the border to Wakefield for Scalefour North a fortnight later.

DT

DT.

I visited last years Wakefield Show and was impressed with some of the layouts (noteably Burntisland).

I thought Wakefield a small to medium exhibition but with a very good atmosphere about it.

The only layout at Model Rail Scotland that caught my eye was La Baraque, another French narrow gauge in

the same style as Pempoul. I think I read something about all the layout buildings are made of paper !

My main shows this year are centred around the York 'Railfest' and the TLRS Festival in Manchester...and

of course, not forgetting Perth.

Mac.

Hi all

4 of the "Senior Members" 66 plus are awaiting the 24 Feb when

we will start out at 4.00am from Wexford Ireland to drive to Dublin airport

then onto Prestwick and thense to Glasgow Glad to see there will be more

to look at this year Looking foreward to meeting both old friends and meeting

some new ones we hope

After looking and maybe some purchases we will head back to Prestwick

after taking some pics of the full size railway and should arrive back in Wexford

approx 11 .30 pm

cannot wait

David Heath

Wexford Model Railway Club

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my exhibitors pack and judging from the stand number for New Hey, C51 - although not seen a floor plan yet - we are next door to the wonderful Mr and Mrs Gravett on C52, which is always a pleasure. It is becoming a habit though!!

Incidentally to save nothering Ian at a very busy time, whilst i saw a reference in the pack to brews etc, does anybody involved or who has exhibited before know if exhibitors lunches are provided?

Just got my exhibitors pack and judging from the stand number for New Hey, C51 - although not seen a floor plan yet - we are next door to the wonderful Mr and Mrs Gravett on C52, which is always a pleasure. It is becoming a habit though!!

Incidentally to save nothering Ian at a very busy time, whilst i saw a reference in the pack to brews etc, does anybody involved or who has exhibited before know if exhibitors lunches are provided?

HI Andy

In a short answer NO, but if memory serves me well you can at least eat 4000 Calories at breakfast in the hotel.

Regards Arran

• RMweb Premium

Hi The Stafford Railway Circle team were there a couple of years back with Littleton Parkway and no lunch was provided.

As prices at the Exhibition are bit on the steep side we found a local Tesco with the help of Pete Latham & Co (thanks guys)

We are up again this year with Stafford Railway Circles members layouts Bash St & Crimson Rd and we will be stocking up at Tesco each day.

Terry

Exhibition Manager Stafford

Archived