Dapol 2012 Catalogue

DapolDave

Hi everyone,

The new 2012 catalogue is still being fine tuned and hopefully it will be with us in mid to late February.

However this has not stopped us developing the new items that are in it, and i think it will be a cracker of a list.

It is currently around 120 or so pages, and will be professionally produced and will have a charge for, for the first time.

We are also in the process of final administration of at least 5 special comissions which i hope will also come to fruition soon as well, on top of the ones that have already been announced.

We now have 3 factories up and running in China , that are more than capable of producing wonderful models in all 3 gauges, so production should ramp up a lot this year with most of the backlogged items appearing as well. (not the Pendolino in N though, sorry)

So anyway, no answers from me, and i hope Andy is ok with a wish list on here, but it would be interesting to see what you guys want from us..........and in what scale, so until we are told otherwise, fill your boots and let us know here.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

Great to see that Dapol is thriving in spite of the difficult economic conditions. I understand the need to charge for the catalogue as it sounds quite big and other manufacturers do this too.

Will the catalogue continue to be available as a free download from your website? I hope this will be the case.

I look forward to your announcements for 2012 as well as the commissions.

Would it be possible for you to do a 4mm version of the Bulk Grain wagon to the same level of detail, and level of accuracy, as the one you currently do in N? The former Hornby-Dublo model you do in the current age was perhaps 'state-of-the-art' in the late 1950s/early 1960s, but its deficencies are all too evident alongside models to contempary standards.

Thanks for the update and good to see Dapol addressing the backlog. I hope this year brings you lots of success. Recent models have been really impressive (22, BWT, Sentinel and various wagons, especially the weathered ones!!).

With most/all of the mainline diesels covered, this leaves electrics, shunters and DMUs/EMUs in my books.

One area I feel that has not been covered, given there are still real examples to go and see, are the low numbered classes of shunter - i.e. Class 01, 02, 05, 06 and 07. I particularly would like to see the 07, though the others would equally take my interest. I think despite the currently available 06, a super detail model is really what is called for these days.

How about a modern image Adelante? Given that it has been seen in a few liveries, it must have some wider appeal? Maybe an N gauge parcels railcar (Class 128)?

As for gauge - well, you have done well with the smaller OO scale models in performance, so the shunters would seem a welcome propsect. The N gauge Terrier shows that it's possible to fit mechanisms into small models, so perhaps they may not be out of the question too. I am not biased to either scale so I hope demand will show in replies here...

Cheers,

Ixion.

Edit to add:

P.S.: I echo the suggestion to make the catalogue a free download (also very 'green').

Also, it only just occurred to me that a tamper, rail grinder, breakdown/heavy duty (or light duty) crane or even the Network Rail track panel carrier wagons would be particularly of interest!! Due to complexity, I might suggest OO gauge for these.

Dave, we are right behind you!

Now an 08 in O (YES Pleeease!!) and hows about the swan necked lamps you get in the engine shed kit being made as a separate item.

They are the perfect addition to any 1930's/40's/50's or 60's buildings!

I'll fetch me coat ;)

A proper Motorail flat would be nice (OO) - can put it in freight trains and hang one or two on the end of passenger.

Carflats would get a vote from me, although the sheer amount of variety in the breed(s) would mean that a generic 'blob' really would not suffice, so we'd be looking at a couple of ex-MkI lengths, side vs end-loading options, and a mix of Big Four underframes. A real minefield I guess, but there'd be several willing researchers on here! But here are mine, as Dave asked so playfully:

1. Highland Baby Sulzer in OO, followed by the definitive Class 25 (there's a business plan in there, you see).
  2. Gloucester Class 100 DMU.
  3. R-T-P NB signals (or kit form for that matter).
  4. Reid D30 Scott 4-4-0.
  5. BR Standard CCT

Class 22 in O

Western in O !!!!!!! ( do it before I pre order a Heljan model )

57XX pannier in O

GWR Toad in O

Class 90 in OO

class 87 in OO

class 73 in OO

class 92 in OO

Class 91 plus DVT and MK4s in OO

Best of luck Dapol

• RMweb Premium

I would love to see a good pannier in N 57xx would be nice but a 64xx would be even better. A Castle to the same standard as the Hall wouldn't meet with disapproval either.

I know that the pannier and castle are available but their none too special are they.

Class 158/159 in N, the old Farish model is looking very tired alongside your lovely 153s and 156s and it's real go-anywhere train with loads of liveries to choose from. A Meridian would also be nice now it has dropped off Bachmann's radar.

In 4mm I echo Ixion's comments on the smaller shunters, an 05 or 06 to modern standards would be very appealing.

• RMweb Gold

Goodness me - an official invitation to 'wishlist'....!

Well, what Stationmaster said about a 4mm Class 122 Bubble car - yes please!

Also - a decent 4mm Class 73 and 74 for my friends doing the monster raving viaduct project, please... ;) (Balcombe Viaduct in P4). I expect they'd happily go for almost any traditional 3rd rail EMU you could offer, as well...

How about a proper British steam-outline industrial loco - such as a Peckett or Andrew Barclay?

I'd certainly agree with the suggestion for a decent 4mm BR CCT, as well.

Thanks for asking!

A Castle to the same standard as the Hall wouldn't meet with disapproval either.

I will second that, a Castle to match the Hall would be superb.

A big Churchward 4700 would be very nice too.

Some Hawksworth coaches for them to haul.

Shrink the D600s to N gauge and you will then have the full set of Hydraulics RTR in N gauge.

Lastly some GWR 4200/7200 8-coupled tanks please.

Archived