Dapol 2012 Catalogue

DapolDave

I think you would do a 08 in O gauge. Make it like the NG diesel in the 3d printing thread, ie-a frame with ends, and have different cab/bodyside doors to fit with the specific boxes for whichever prototype you make. Done like this, you could make with minor changes in assembly any version of the 08, without having to make a new mould.

• RMweb Gold

Haven't read the whole thread, but having bought a second Class 22 at Eastleigh while waiting for my weathered version on order from Kernow, which I couldn't resist when I saw it; could we please have a 4mm Class 42/43 to the same standard.

Guest 838rapid

Dapol Dave,please please could we have a 205 thumper and a EPB in NSE....

you could use the same trailor vehicle so halves the R and D costs.

Please Please

Oh and still want the "cheeky" warship

Thank you

Dapol Dave,please please could we have a 205 thumper and a EPB in NSE.... you could use the same trailor vehicle so halves the R and D costs. Please Please Oh and still want the "cheeky" warship Thank you

I assume you're meaning in n scale for these two yeah?

Hi

Based upon the 10000 and 22 I bought, I would be happy with any diesel or electric you created. But if I had a choice, I would like to see a decent 91 or 373, Rather than the trainset ones on sale today. Also a good 40, 59 or 73 would take my money.

Regards

Kal

N gauge:

Class 25, Class 81, RAIL BLUE Class 86s, Mk2/a/b carriages, a blue/grey Gresley buffet (yes, there was such a thing), Class 310 EMU, Deltic

OO: How about an Ivatt Large boiler Atlantic in GNR livery? And an LNER J6??

I'll one up that - a refurbished Gresley buffet suitable for Maroon and Blue Grey liveries rather than the half arsed attempt that Hornby made in 00.

Dapol have already done the Gresley Buffet in Maroon - it was in their first release of Gresleys.

A Blue-Grey would be lovely idea but I fear the tooling costs for the differences to the windows/roof etc of Gresley buffet once in Blue/Grey would be too great to achieve a return on the likely unit sales it would achieve (Or would result in a price people would be unprepared to pay).

Like the Hornby Blue-Grey, and for the same reasons (In fact if a retool were viable at all it would be more likely in 00), the only viable option for the Dapol N Gauge Buffet I can see would be to apply the livery and accept the compromises. In fact I am surprised nobody has commissioned Dapol to do a short run of maybe 250 in Blue-Grey already.

Regards

Roy

Archived