Dapol 2012 Catalogue

DapolDave

Not flooding the market with more models than people can afford to buy in too short a time is good business sense, so Matt has got a point here.

When the green 26s sell out within a month then getting more to market ASAP is incredibly good business sense.

It's not mandatory to buy every new release :no:

I should not have tried to joke about being tempted by all the different liveries.

Oh I dunno Matt, some of us like a bit of humour here y'know. It did at least make a change from 'my credit card is groaning'.

;) :boast:

• RMweb Premium

I can't wade through all 24 pages of this topic to see whether it's been covered before, but all the signs are that the class 33 will be in the catalogue. It's dropped out of the Farish one completely. What are the chances of Slim Jims as well, I wonder?

I can't wade through all 24 pages of this topic to see whether it's been covered before, but all the signs are that the class 33 will be in the catalogue. It's dropped out of the Farish one completely. What are the chances of Slim Jims as well, I wonder?

Really? I am not quite sure where you drew that conclusion from. Dapol have announced the 27 to follow on from the 26. Whilst a 33 is also a potential follow-on product, I have not seen anything beyond wishlisting to suggest that Dapol are actually planning one.

After Dave's latest "dusty bin" teaser in the A3 thread, it really is cruel to keep us all on tenterhooks this long! Surely a firm date for publication must be approaching? Its nearly been six months since it was first due!

Also, is there any word whether it will be print only, print and PDF, or print and they PDF at some point in the future?

By the time this catalogue is out it'll be time for the next one ...

It may be that it will cover 2013 as well.

I would rather have a PDF updated every quarter with whats new, whats outsanding and what has been dropped.

Sadly I can't think that after all the hype, extended delays and speculation the whole thing is going to be a bit of a damp squib.

My O gauge project is now on hold awaiting the catalogue as there are some key items I need that, if Dapol are going to do them, will be a lot cheaper than the alternatives - but the more expensive alternatives mean the project will be delayed by several years if, in fact, the domestic authorities grant permission for it to go ahead in the first place.

I wont rub anyone up the wrong way with the tired old forum cliche about being patient and that it will be published when its ready etc. blah blah blah...Ive had enough of those sorts of comments before and doesnt help anybody.

Have we had ALL announcements for the items featured in this new 2012/2013 catalogue or are we waiting for some kind of surprise new release?

Is this why there is a lot of anticipation for it to be published to reveal all ?

Even if Dapol Dave is not at liberty to divulge exact details it would at least be nice to know the situation with regards to any as yet unannounced models that are intended to get our wallets open (again). If there is some "new meat" on the horizon I think I can hang fire a bit longer!

Whats the score Dave?

Have we had ALL announcements for the items featured in this new 2012/2013 catalogue or are we waiting for some kind of surprise new release?

Is this why there is a lot of anticipation for it to be published to reveal all ?

I know there's some things forthcoming of which there hasn't been any breath anywhere.

Sorry to add to the froth!

As far as I understand it there are a number of new releases planned but not 'general knowledge' apart from presumably a few key people at magazines etc. I've heard of at least one more O gauge loco (on top of the "08") and a number of other O gauge wagons - these are of potential interest to me - but I'm sure people working in N and OO have paid more attention to rumours and hints about things in their scale than I have and probably have similar wishlists.

Hi chaps,

With regards to the catalogue,

No i dont know for certain when it will be out, sorry.

I do know there are some very tasty items in all 3 gauges, but i cannot say what, or what era, or if they are steam/diesel/electric/ rolling stock etc.

I do know that where possible models from the tooling will be shown in the catalogue, and or cad/cam's to show progress of the new stuff.

cheers

Dave

but i cannot say what, or what era, or if they are steam/diesel/electric/ rolling stock etc.

We cannot say what they are for sure as we don't know - but you do. "Choosing not to" is not the same as the above.

I just hope that all the hype surrouding your new releases is worth it - because there could be a lot of disappointed people having waited so long to find out what they are only to find that they're actually no good for what they are planning on modelling.

"because there could be a lot of disappointed people having waited so long to find out what they are only to find that they're actually no good for what they are planning on modelling".

so damned if we do and damned if we dont produce something for everyone eh? :fool: :banghead:

cheers

Dave

I know there's some things forthcoming of which there hasn't been any breath anywhere.

Sorry to add to the froth!

Thanks Andy for adding to the froth. I must admit I am looking forward to the Dapol Catalogue. I found Hornby to be uninspiring this year as I will only be buying one loco from the catalogue, an LNER A4, the B17's being on order from 2010. Bachmann at least will hopefully produce the D10 Director from the D11 in a year or 2 or 3, a LNER 0-6-0 up to current standards.

With Dapol, I'mthinking of purchasing an O gauge class 08 diesel as a friend is building an 45'x20' British O gauge layout here in OZ and I may attempt to build a small end to end (Ian Futers style with 3 points) layout.

"May the Force be with you," Dave and the Dapol team for adding something innovative to the hobby.

Mark in OZ

• RMweb Gold

We cannot say what they are for sure as we don't know - but you do. "Choosing not to" is not the same as the above.

Oh for heavens sake, don't be so goddamned penantic! You know exactly what Dave is saying as well as the rest of us.

but i cannot say what, or what era, or if they are steam/diesel/electric/ rolling stock etc.

I just hope that all the hype surrouding your new releases is worth it - because there could be a lot of disappointed people having waited so long to find out what they are only to find that they're actually no good for what they are planning on modelling.

In defence fo Dapol, I think experience has shown modellers get more frustrated when stuff is announced far in advance and then does not appear for years. Both Dapol and Farish have tightened the window between announcement and production considerably recently.

As for modellers being disappointed, Dapol have to make commercial decisions on what to produce just like everyone else. I would love to see a GWR 4700 in N gauge but I am not holding my breath as no one has even done this in 00 yet. Dapol have explained why their catalogue (and the associated announcements) are delayed this year. If Dapol do not produce a particular item I am after, why should I be any more disappointed with them than with Farish for not producing it?

As for the hype, I don't really think Dapol can be held responsible for our frenzied frothing.

I Dapol do not produce a particular item I am after, why should I be any more disappointed with them than with Farish for not producing it?

For one, none of the other manufacturers appear to be considering sensibly priced O gauge ready to run...

Archived