Bachmann class 150 destination boards

Good Evening all,

I have two Bachmann class 150 units, one in Central Trains livery with Dorrridge destination boards, and an Olivias trains limited edition repaint in Centro green livery, with destination boards of Liverpool one end and Preston the other.

I am wanting to certainly if at all possible to change the destination boards in the Olivias repaint to something more local to where these units were seen by me and maybe the Central Trains unit, for destinations between the areas of Great Malvern, Worcester, Kidderminster, Stourbridge Junction and Birmingham Snow Hill.

I have trawled the net, and cannot find anyone who can supply such transfers of these destinations/areas, or any for that matter!

Does anyone have any suggestions of where I can source them from?

Many thanks in advance

Regards

Ste

Nigel, thank you very much... that would be fantatstic!

The boards I have in mind would be white with black lettering for the Centro unit, and black with white lettering on the Central trains newer unit.

Either way, it would be most beneficial to me!

I am on nights tonight, so I will get the ruler out tommorow and measure exactly the sizes of the middle window where the boards are positioned, I am guessing probably in the region of 8mm x 3mm, so rather small!

Thank you aggain

Regards

Ste

• 4 weeks later...

A couple of pictures, following changing the destination boards, on one of my 150 units,very kindly supplied to me from Nigel.

I have had to truncate the destination to fit, ie, I was unable to fit the whole of Worcester Foregate Street, Worcester is a damn sight better than Preston on a West Midlands PTE unit!

post-7470-0-52763700-1328113782_thumb.jpg

post-7470-0-21243300-1328113594_thumb.jpg

Thank you Will, and you are spot on there, I am looking into spraying a 150/2 into Centro colours.

Phoenix do the correct Green and Grey in there range and Fox do the blue band lining with the Centro "squares" for in between the doors... watch this space! :no:

Nigel supplied me with a number of destinations, Great Malvern, Worcester Foregate Street, Stourbridge, Kidderminster and B'ham Snow Hill, so I have many to choose from! Just need somewhere to run them now!

• Like 1

Thank you Will, and you are spot on there, I am looking into spraying a 150/2 into Centro colours.

Phoenix do the correct Green and Grey in there range and Fox do the blue band lining with the Centro "squares" for in between the doors... watch this space! :no:

Nigel supplied me with a number of destinations, Great Malvern, Worcester Foregate Street, Stourbridge, Kidderminster and B'ham Snow Hill, so I have many to choose from! Just need somewhere to run them now!

I am glad that the destination blinds worked out OK - I had previously played around with my label printer to get my Class 501 destinations, a bit fiddly but well worth it. Now the simple bit - building the layout! :D

Nigel

• 9 years later...
  • RMweb Gold

I use these on my 150's and 153's mounted on the removable destination board on earlier Bachmann 150/2's or mount on a bit of black plasticard on the inside of the glazing on 150/1, 153 and later 150/2.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Great-Western-Destination-Blinds-for-Hornby-Bachmann-Class-142-150-153-158-DMUs-/153913362713?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

• Thanks 1