Automated Motorised Traverser

Deev

Hi Deev

Thank you for your concern with me.  Unfortunately the sketch did not work. The old one "stepper6" works fine, thats means that my configuration is ok.
The DCC monitor works fine and I suppose that my decoder is ok.  I dont now what is wrong.  I will try one more time next weekend.

Thanks again

Hi JB,

It'd be a useful skill - ou can tailor your own code that way, and use the Arduino to do pretty much whatever you want.  I've managed to get mine to work as a position feedback sensor!

Dave

Hi JB,

It'd be a useful skill - ou can tailor your own code that way, and use the Arduino to do pretty much whatever you want.  I've managed to get mine to work as a position feedback sensor!

Dave

Hi Deev

I am using a ZD 1901 photo interruptor as a sensor, but untill now it didnot work.  Have you your sketch to post here..?

cheers

Hi JD,

I'm curious as to why you're using a photo interruptor?  Can you explain?

Anyway,  if you take a look at the link to my Filton Abbeywood thread (link on my signature) you'll find the code and some experimentation with the HES.  Note: the code is for RS485 and JMRI.

Let me know if it works.

Hi JD,

I'm curious as to why you're using a photo interruptor?  Can you explain?

Anyway,  if you take a look at the link to my Filton Abbeywood thread (link on my signature) you'll find the code and some experimentation with the HES.  Note: the code is for RS485 and JMRI.

Let me know if it works.

Deev
Excuse the mess I made regarding the photo interrupter.
I'm working on two projects: the first is the traverser to be used as hidden station with 8 tracks, and the other is a project also  this site, for a turntable which, adapted after can be used also as traverser.
In this project the choice was a photo interrupter instead of a Hall effect.
This is the reason I mentioned the sensor. sorry     :senile:
And sorry for my english...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi JB - did it work

Deev

The sketch is working fine. I am having problem with my command ( Roco ) because when I choose the address 711 I dont have response of the traverser.
I must use address 715 in my command, to have the position of address 711. i dont know what is happening, but the important thing is that the sketch is working,,,
I must now adjust some parameters, to have the correct position of the tracks and something that show me where I am ( track ) when I start.
But it is very easy,if i use a led panel.
Again, thank you so much for expend time with me.

Merry Christmas
Cheers

• 1 year later...

Does anyone remember an article from a few months back ( can't remember which model railway mag it was ) about a company that was looking to release a range of vertical traversers? It listed a few different lengths for both N and OO and was offering a small discount for early orders. I've been looking about the internet but I can't seem to find this company, just old forum topics or the occasional homemade attempt. 

Thanks Steve

• RMweb Premium

Does anyone remember an article from a few months back ( can't remember which model railway mag it was ) about a company that was looking to release a range of vertical traversers? It listed a few different lengths for both N and OO and was offering a small discount for early orders. I've been looking about the internet but I can't seem to find this company, just old forum topics or the occasional homemade attempt. 

Thanks Steve

All is revealed here: Nelevation

Cheers,

Mick

• 4 months later...

This is a note to self post rather than noting any progress.

Height of stock + track = 55mm.  65mm would give ample clearance, so 70mm between top of bed and bottom of mechanism.

Q5ook5I.jpg

Edited by Deev

Hi Deev

Long time since my last post

Some years ago, I saw your first post here showing a german traverser, and you wrote:" I want one." and I said to myself " I want one too" 

So, after long time and a mixture of sketchs last year,  I finished my first traverser wit 8 tracks.  I am posting here some pictures during the setup, to show a little of my project. Unfortunately the traverser is not installed because I must to make some arrangement in layout to acomodate the traverser. 

I want to post a movie here, but I dont have permission..!!!

post-22473-0-05486000-1476045117.png

post-22473-0-08553700-1476045145.png

post-22473-0-42344200-1476045152.png

• Like 3

Wow, that's fantastic. Would love to see it in action, can you upload to YouTube then post the link?

Hi Deev

Sorry but I dont know how to upload videos on You Tube. However, I have a little site about model railroad (google sites - restricted access) and you can see a little movie that I made last month when I was making the setup.  I have some others project there, but unfortunately they are in portuguese.  Sorry..!!

site:   https://sites.google.com/site/dcceferromodelismo/videos

I recently travelled from London Heathrow to Filton Abbeywood and noticed this whilst waiting for a security check to take place on the platform at T5.

BEKn7sc.jpg?1

Looks like the doors of the Heathrow Express run on what are basically drawer runners, making me think that they'll be more than adequate for my vertical storage yard.

Edited by Deev

Interesting. I'd looked at the NEMA23 and was surprised how high the current draw on them was, which is something I was hoping to avoid. Instead I was planning on using 8 x NEMA17 motors directly mounted to 8mm 4-lead leadscrews with a balancing gas strut to help the lift.

Edited by Deev

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 07/10/2019 at 20:37, Deev said:

Hi Adam,

I can't remember exactly how I did it, probably set a 'float' with the number of the road in it.

I lost my code, so will have to start again on it.

Dave

damn, any luck with that in the intervening year? I'm looking at giving it a crack again