Hornby Class 67

TomE

• RMweb Gold

A tongue-in cheek reference to Hornby's 'slippage' in delivery dates. For example .....June slips to July....July slips to August......August slips to September.....September slips to.......whenever ? It thus appears to me that Hornby use a time-scale of their own inventing. Forgive my humour if it passes your understanding.

The Diamond Jubilee Class 67 for those who have one on order are being despatched as we speak according to the club...

I wonder when the first one will appear for resale.... :nono:

Actually just contact me privately and I'll buy it that way....

I'm sorry I can't recall who I spoke too, but I spoke to two different people on two different topics.

I was pretty sure what she said to me, perhaps she was mistaken or I misheard, didn't intend to mislead anyone.

Also the Neon FGW MkIII's should be available in October, apparently intended for their concession stores but since the closure of ModelZone some stock will go out to other retailers.

They will also be available on the Hornby website.

A tongue-in cheek reference to Hornby's 'slippage' in delivery dates. For example .....June slips to July....July slips to August......August slips to September.....September slips to.......whenever ? It thus appears to me that Hornby use a time-scale of their own inventing. Forgive my humour if it passes your understanding.

WHENEVER WILL SOON TURN TO ''IF EVER''.....

How straightforward is it to modify the Limby body to fit the new chassis? From the number of new-style W&S bodyshells which are appearing on ebay a number of people are clearly using the chassis for something and I would assume this is to re-power existing 67s.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hornby seem to be bringing things in before their own expected times!

Or rather Hornby have no clue when stuff is arriving is probably more correct. With any random (or chaotic...?) process, some things will be late and some early, especially if the goal posts move!

Their 'expected time' has been delayed numerous times. Compared to their previous time (early september) its  (only slightly) late. The new date was likely just to cover their backs. Hornby may want you to think this is them getting things in early... please don't be fooled!

Or rather Hornby have no clue when stuff is arriving is probably more correct. With any random (or chaotic...?) process, some things will be late and some early, especially if the goal posts move!

Their 'expected time' has been delayed numerous times. Compared to their previous time (early september) its  (only slightly) late. The new date was likely just to cover their backs. Hornby may want you to think this is them getting things in early... please don't be fooled!

No one is being fooled. I'm am just a big supporter for Hornby, Dapol and Vitrains.... I am mighty pleased. Atleast they are getting the models out be it late or early. I am not worried about what Hornby does as they always do an exceptional job. I've never had an issue and I am pleased with them.

Has anyone heard from Hornby about their 67026 Diamond Jubilee order recently?

Ive spoken to the club, apprently 67026 is caught up in customs and shall be through and dispatched in the "next couple of weeks".

The shall be calling all 500 customers to get payment detail once they physically have the stock.

A little more of a wait :( But by looking at the Arriva 67, seems the quality issues have been over come, paint job/build quality looks top.

Letters were sent to "some" customers on 30/09 advising of the delivery of "some stock" along with instructions on how to pay (either via cheque or phone). They check your address and membership details etc so I guess there won't be any opportune queue jumping. The letter also states that the full shipment is expected by end of October. (usual caveats apply, I assume)

Score -1 for the customer services department. The telephone number you are advised to call on the letter is out of date and has been replaced by a new one. For a letter drafted 4 days ago that made me chuckle. 

Score +1 for the customer services department. Unprompted, the lady on the phone apologised profusely for the delays in this model being manufactured. 

*gribble*

Archived