Free Signal Box from Railway Modeller January- Lets see them.

that would be great :) I stumbled across this thread looking for signal box ideas the saw this and remembered i had the kit stashed away! Also excuse my lack of knowledge but who are MSE?

Regards

I've ordered the smaller of the 2 springside signal box interiors along with point rodding signal wire etc etc for the 4ft. Am going to use plastic tiled roof as people have mention the roof isn't up to much. I also didn't like the inteior floor as signal boxes I've been in have alsways had wooden floors so I used so wooden drink stirring sticks, thinner the better for more realism (found in most coffe shops etc) splashed a bit of wood die on and glued to the original floor making sure to leave small clearances for the windows :) going to add plastic guttering and drain pipes as others have aswell and possibley fire buckets aswell.

They are good for planks. Squares of linoleum or sometimes the whole floor in Lino, highly polished of course were also common. York model making do excellent sheets of self adhesive tiles and the printable ones from Scalescenes are very good too. On other buildings I have done the thickness of the plastic sheets, especially ratio or wills has looked a bit odd. Signal wires is too fiddly for me in 4mm!

Should look great though, post some pictures?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Signal box in place on Jenswell.

post-684-0-25300000-1352981427.jpg

I went with the brick staircase after all.

That's Mick Nicholson stood by the door.

:)

There are still a few more details to add e.g. the chimney pot and window bars.

Regards,

Chris

Looks like the back scene is upside down,unless they're green clouds of course.

Allan

Archived