London Transport Acton Depot Family Open Weekend 10&11/March/2012

Xerces Fobe2

The London Transport Acton Depot is holding its annual Family Open Weekend which features a number of model railway layouts which relate to the London Underground system. This always a great event, as the Acton Depot is home to a numerous items of Underground heritage stock and London Buses as well as a large collection of historical artifacts from all aspects of London Transport's operations

I have attended this event for the past couple of years and have had a thoroughly enjoyable day on both occasions. Please click here for further information.

I am also pleased to confirm that I will be exhibiting my Croxley Wiggenhall Road Depot layout at this year’s show.

CWRDActon2012final.jpg

XF

• 2 weeks later...

hi all

certainly is a good day out. I'll be there with my and my dads 5 inch gauge stock (see LT layouts thread). hopefully we'll be playing the 00 boys at their own game, having our metrovick shunting wagons around on the tabletop, as well as one or two steam engines and coaches in 12th scale. big scale shunting, don't tell me you Havnt the space for a layout!

feel free to come and say hello, always good to meet the faces behind the names!

Hope to see some of you there.

LC

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

good idea on the advance tickets, I've known the queue down to the road.

ah the joys of exhibiting!

Telephone 020-7565-7298 office hours. But don't forget tomorrow is the last chance to get them in time.

sorry you probably missed the reference,

gonna be there all weekend on my stand, metropolitan railway 5" gauge locos wagons and coaches. we plan to have some large scale locos shunting wagons on the tabletop, all being well. will be going down Friday afternoon to set up.

cheers

LC

Had a very pleasant day out. Avoided the queues by buying online on Thursday night. Got a bit held up getting there, as I park at Park Royal (Right outside the station) and ride in a couple of stops. The problem was, the Picc was delayed due to an earler incident.

Nice to see Croxley Road Depot, sorry you were having a few derailment issues, but it did not detract from the layout.

The 5" gauge models were simply stunning! The level of detail was amazing.

Enjoyed the trip on the prototype Routemaster and wandering around the other exhibits.

Nice to see plenty of families enjoying the tramway and miniature railway and not forgetting the Lego layout upstairs.

And it didn't feel too busy either!

Birds eye view of CWR

post-6902-0-10939900-1331501711_thumb.jpg

Dave

Just before my head exploded

Great to see many of you there -

it appears was somwhat uneven with the layouts highest point being where the 2 main boards met - Adjust able feet have been purchaced and will be fiited in the very near future

One NCE PowerCab handset appeared also to have a fault and kept tripping the PSU into overload however my ProCab worked fine.The PowerCab would dispay odd characters a different language of just hang at other times in the day -any ideas anyone?

Still had a a great time at the Show though

Nigel

Enjoyed the show once again on Saturday with Natalie. Would of gone on Sunday, but other reasos prevented it.

What I really didn't enjoy was the 45 minute queue. Really didn't do me any favours. So almost two hours of my time were spent either queing or resting and waiting for painkillers to work.

We would of pre-booked, had the website been working to allow it.

Other than those points was a good day out, with some lovely layouts on show. Seemed less there though this year.

Took the opportunity to test the camera out on my new phone, so will post the pictures (and video clips) when i get around to it.

Enjoyed the show once again on Saturday with Natalie. Would of gone on Sunday, but other reasos prevented it.

What I really didn't enjoy was the 45 minute queue. Really didn't do me any favours. So almost two hours of my time were spent either queing or resting and waiting for painkillers to work.

Other than those points was a good day out, with some lovely layouts on show. Seemed less there though this year.

Took the opportunity to test the camera out on my new phone, so will post the pictures (and video clips) when i get around to it.

Sorry to hear you could not pre-book. When did you try ? I left it until Thursday and they went through and printed right off.

• RMweb Premium

I pre-booked by telephone. I did the same last year, I just had to give my name this year as they had kept details such as address (but not card details) which made it a lot easier. Best to pre-book at least a week in advance.

Hi all.

glad people enjoyed it, great show as ever. Agree with Kelly, there was less layouts this year but despite this, over 2700 people through the doors on the Saturday, a record for them. a little quieter on the Sunday but all great.

I tell u I'm glad we only do that once a year for exhibitions with the large scale stock. great weekend but tiring!

great to meet friends old and new, especially good to meet Nigel and graham of croxley, whom we shared our area of the depot with, great company and all!

hope that controller behaves itself Nigel. hope everyone enjoyed the display, just come in from the workshop building more wagons. We've been invited to next years met themed event so with a bit if luck, more track and more stock!

Anyone who has a met or Lt themed layout I urge you to contact lynsey, the exhibition manager for next years show, they're always short so give me a pm and I'll put you in touch.

cheers all

Mark

Sorry to hear you could not pre-book. When did you try ? I left it until Thursday and they went through and printed right off.

Natalie tried, not sure what day. I was too ill most of the week prior to do much of anyrthing sadly. Still enjoyed the show otherwise though, and next time hopefully will manaege to pre-book.

Anyone who has a met or Lt themed layout I urge you to contact lynsey, the exhibition manager for next years show, they're always short so give me a pm and I'll put you in touch.

Possibly West Cromwell Road will be beyond the planning stage and a possibility by then.

Archived