Banbury in N scale - A great time at the Abingdon in March 2024

roundhouse

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the video. Love the overgrown rack.

Last night I didn't go near the modelling table due to being suitably filled with some fantastic ales and American craft brews at Olympia!

This morning I was clear headed enough to fix a few more bits of glazing and also to fabricate the little chimney on the roof above the grilles on the doors. If it is set by tonight I can then drill the roof and fix it.

fast running out of time to do much else on the layout prior to loading it on Friday night ready for this weekends show.

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Hopefully I have fixed one turnout solenoid tonight that was playing up at DEMU.

Banbury is now loaded into the car but the stock DCC etc is ready to be loaded tomorrow night.

The NR 150 has had a touch of weathering but it will now have to do as it is for this weekend.

I will try and fit soem more Dapol easy shunt couplings to a few more Farish 66's in the morning.

Ian

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Sorry Ian, I've been moving and not had much time to look for the pictures, I'll see if I can find them tomorrow.

That's OK.

I wouldn't have got any further on the 150 for this weekend as it is.

A couple more Farish 66 ' s have had the Dapol Easy shunt couplers fitted to one end this morning but that's it now till Midland Railex this weekend.

Ian

• RMweb Gold

After a few small problems with the odd item derailing or uncoupling the layout ran well yesterday so looking forward to another good dsy at Midland Railex.

Some more photos including one of that preserved Blue Pullman and a couple of snow ploughs getting ready for predicted heavy sjow this Autumn! !

post-1557-0-29657200-1376807101_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-75346800-1376807121_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-60555900-1376807142_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-66879300-1376807168_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-06784800-1376807188_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-76903300-1376807209_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-75830900-1376807230_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-79563300-1376807265_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-65407100-1376807290_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-55710800-1376807312_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

We are still on our way home from Derbyshire and now in our 4th jam of the trip, this one on thr M25 so while I am sitting here I might aswell post another shot whilst my other half concentrates on the cars in front.

The NR 150 inspecting the track in platform 1

post-1557-0-68322100-1376852946_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

That's OK.

I wouldn't have got any further on the 150 for this weekend as it is.

A couple more Farish 66 ' s have had the Dapol Easy shunt couplers fitted to one end this morning but that's it now till Midland Railex this weekend.

Ian

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/74727-network-rail-150-950001

Looks like you had a good show too.

• RMweb Gold

We arrived home from Midland RAILEX just before 9pm and the layout is now back in its home till its next show in Banbury late September.

Thanks Beast for the roof photos. I will soon be using these to finish off the NR 150. The main task between now and the next show is to get back working on the scenery detailing.

However I do have some OO scale buildings to do for another layout.

Ian

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Only a few days to go before we head off to Banbury.

Tonight I have been adding more Dapol Easy shunt couplers to the Farish class 66's. Virtually all locos now have at least one end converted with some still retaining a rapido coupler on the other end for any visiting rolling stock.

Very few items of my rolling stock still have the Rapido couplers these days.

A couple more Farish Auto ballasters arrived in the post and have now had the Dapol couplers fitted and the Railtrack branding blanked out. They now just need a some weathering in the next day or so.

Ian

Edited by roundhouse

• RMweb Gold

A couple of photos taken this morning after fitting a Dapol Easy Shunt to another Farish 66 and after weathering two more auto ballasted.

The 66 looks do much better with this coupling than the Rapido type IMHO.

A few more tasks to do before we load and set off for Banbury in the morning via Model Junction, a few breweries and dome line siding if the weather permits.

post-1557-0-11139300-1380263588_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-57528200-1380263610_thumb.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Banbury now back in the car and on our way home from Banbury.

A very pleasant day today in the Banbury clubs new exhibition venue which is the sports hall rather than the school itself.

Thanks to all those that stopped by for a chat.

The layout was generally well behaved with about 90 percent of the problems being us operators!

I found a bag of Bachmann OO scale air con units on the stand opposite which were just about the right size for the two larger ones next to the Network Rail offices so they are now stuck in place.

A few more photos taken this afternoon on the iPad as the cameras battery had gone flat and after a good session in the pubs in Banbury I forgot to put it on charge over night..

Ian

post-1557-0-34648300-1380475474_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-89003500-1380475731_thumb.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 11

Good to see yet another successfully show.  Nice pictures, but would look a bit better with a 10 car Voyager, and maybe a sound class 66.

Greetings from Doha,

Gordon D

Banbury now back in the car and on our way home from Banbury.

A very pleasant day today in the Banbury clubs new exhibition venue which is the sports hall rather than the school itself.

Thanks to all those that stopped by for a chat.

The layout was generally well behaved with about 90 percent of the problems being us operators!

I found a bag of Bachmann OO scale air con units on the stand opposite which were just about the right size for the two larger ones next to the Network Rail offices so they are now stuck in place.

A few more photos taken this afternoon on the iPad as the cameras battery had gone flat and after a good session in the pubs in Banbury I forgot to put it on charge over night..

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Good to see yet another successfully show.  Nice pictures, but would look a bit better with a 10 car Voyager, and maybe a sound class 66.

Greetings from Doha,

Gordon D

Greetings from Doha,

Gordon D

Gordon

We had an 8 car Voyager running today but look forward to when you can next come to give us a hand so that we have those two trains on the layout!

Regards

Ian

• RMweb Gold

I spent a good while today watching the trains go by on your layout,

brilliant layout,

then travelled home via the real thing.

Thanks David

We visited the real thing yesterday after unloading the layout at the venue.

There was a 66 on Arbel car wagons sitting in platform 1 (the Birmingham bound loop platform).

It's unusual to see a freight in there. Looked like it was having problems especially as it was booked through there two hours earlier.

However the driver must have sorted the problem as it left a little while after we got to a good vantage point on the road bridge. Also saw a northbound Chiltern loco hauled set with EWS liveried 67017.

Ian