Banbury in N scale - A great time at the Abingdon in March 2024

roundhouse

• RMweb Gold

This weekend Banbury will be at the Manchester show.

A good part of yesterday was spent working on fitting the new Revolution / C Rail containers to the flat cars. The hard part was removing the old containers as even those fixed with canopy glue took some careful prizing off. Still two more to fit but they are awaiting the Revolution flat cars.

Also the latest Dapol 67014 in Wrexham and Shropshire livery has now found a slot in the stock boxes.

Looking g forward to the show.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

This weekend Banbury will be at the Manchester show.

A good part of yesterday was spent working on fitting the new Revolution / C Rail containers to the flat cars. The hard part was removing the old containers as even those fixed with canopy glue took some careful prizing off. Still two more to fit but they are awaiting the Revolution flat cars.

Also the latest Dapol 67014 in Wrexham and Shropshire livery has now found a slot in the stock boxes.

Looking g forward to the show.

Hi hope your all having a great weekend at Manchester.

Looking forward to any photos and videos of the layout from the show

Phil

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Phil.

A very good weekend apart from Mike getting a call that his mum had a fall and in the Ambulance to hospital. Luckily we were unloaded into the hall and being next to Piccadilly station he caught a train back to our place to collect his car and had the usual signal failures we get most days. His mum is stable when I contacted him.

So a last minute call Phatbob had arranged us help for the weekend.

A very busy show and a great spot in the venue being able to watch trains go by through the windows.

The layout performed very well but some of us, me included had a few operational mistakes.

A photo of my last acquisition, a Christmas present from my other half. Now we just need three more and the S stock in between them.

post-1557-0-96541800-1512332571_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Just a few more photos as I didn't take many of the layout over the weekend.

First one is a weathered Revolution container as a train was leaving the fiddleyard
post-1557-0-43998400-1512373232_thumb.jpg

We had to run 73202 a few times in memory of our friend Graham Stenning

post-1557-0-60943300-1512373270_thumb.jpg

And finally one of the layout set up at the show.

post-1557-0-55439800-1512373439_thumb.jpg

Our first show of of the new year is in January and a lot closer to home.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A new loco arrived yesterday. A Farish Thunderbird and suitable decoder. This is for the dragging of Pendolinos through Banbury when they arrive from China. I doubt that this has ever happened on the real location but rule number one will be invoked till I have a more suitable layout to run it on.

Anyone have any proof if a Pendolino has been dragged through Banbury?

Also in the post was a Digikeijs unit which I hope to set up tomorrow and then use on Sunday, probably just for programming for now but we shall see.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I think rule one may have to be invoked. Been trawling through web but can’t find evidence of pendolino drag through Banbury.

Have found plenty of evidence of pretendolino drag through Banbury.

Here’s the video

Perhaps that could be enough to stretch for artistic license?

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Just a couple of photos taken yesterday at the Guildford show which was very busy in the morning.

The layout ran well but we did have a few long operating shifts. However being a one day show we were OK.

Next weekend we have a two day show at the Southampton clubs show near Eastleigh. Should be a full crew.

We also had three potential invites for future years, so the layout will be out and about for a few more years to come. May well fit block detection in the next few months but it may just be in the fiddleyard to start with.

Photos of Tornado with its new headboard passing through Banbury with its support coach.

post-1557-0-15932200-1516611568_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-88885900-1516611577_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Our second show of the year this weekend.

We will be at the Southampton clubs exhibition in Eastleigh. If Gordon has his sound fitted class 40 with home we may well be seeing it again on railtour duty. I can see me fitting more sound decoders into various locos in the near future.

• RMweb Gold

Another good weekend with the layout at the Southampton show. A very well attended one aswell.

We had Gordon's whistler on my rake of blood and custard mk1s. Britannia was on the other charter set.

A good crew, so thanks to Gordon D, Big P, Mike and my other half.

A few potential invites to shows in the South.

Our next show with this layout is Preston.

A few photos taken over the weekend.

post-1557-0-97238000-1517214783_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-85509100-1517214797_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-93768700-1517214812_thumb.jpg

• Like 6