Banbury in N scale - A great time at the Abingdon in March 2024

roundhouse

• RMweb Gold

The latest two items of rolling stock have been on the weathering workbench. Just a light weathering for these two. These will hopefully see use on the steam specials in a weeks time at the Faversham show. Dapol Easi Shunt couplers have also been fitted. I am hoping to spend some time on the rest of the stock this coming week.

This is the last remaining show for the layout this year.

20190827_164235.jpg

20190827_164306.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• RMweb Premium
On 07/09/2019 at 12:19, roundhouse said:

The latest two items of rolling stock have been on the weathering workbench. Just a light weathering for these two. These will hopefully see use on the steam specials in a weeks time at the Faversham show. Dapol Easi Shunt couplers have also been fitted. I am hoping to spend some time on the rest of the stock this coming week.

This is the last remaining show for the layout this year. A fair few for next year though.

20190827_164235.jpg

20190827_164306.jpg

Can you reveal next years list?

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, GWRPhil said:

Can you reveal next years list?

I will do nearer the time as recently we have shows that are confirmed, then hear no more or they can't afford us despite no van being required and using local help where we can.

Edited by roundhouse

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 09/09/2019 at 17:33, roundhouse said:

I will do nearer the time as recently we have shows that are confirmed, then hear no more or they can't afford us despite no van being required and using local help where we can.

Cool. Any layout updates recently?

• RMweb Gold

Phil

Not a lot at present. Just one photo from the Faversham show of my class 50 that will be renumbered very soon to become HOOD for railtour duty.

At present no shows with this layout till Autumn 2020

20190915_140758.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, roundhouse said:

Phil

Not a lot at present. Just one photo from the Faversham show of my class 50 that will be renumbered very soon to become HOOD for railtour duty.

At present no shows with this layout till Autmn 2020

20190915_140758.jpg

Looks good mate

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

My Dapol class 50 has now been renumbered to 50031 and slightly weathered, so now its ready for railtour duties next time the layout is out although at present that wont be till September 2020 unless another invite occurs beforehand. Gives me plenty of time to work on more stock though.

20191030_162223.jpg

20191030_162234.jpg

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, roundhouse said:

My Dapol class 50 has now been renumbered to 50031 and slightly weathered, so now its ready for railtour duties next time the layout is out although at present that wont be till September 2020 unless another invite occurs beforehand. Gives me plenty of time to work on more stock though.

20191030_162223.jpg

20191030_162234.jpg

Looks excellent. Really nice job

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A few new wagons picked up at Warley at the weekend.

First is the Revolution KFA that was delivered to my stand by Revolution. Thanks Guys.

Superb detail but that does make them delicate. The decks were a little twisted but a careful push back onto the chassis has sorted them out. I may add a little bit of glue once they have been run on the test track.

The other wagon is the KWW pocket container wagon from C-Rail. Again superb detail.

I have a few of each so these will replace the old Farish wagons once I have they have been weathered.

20191126_082517-picsay.jpg

20191126_082523-picsay.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, roundhouse said:

A few new wagons picked up at Warley at the weekend.

First is the Revolution KFA that was delivered to my stand by Revolution. Thanks Guys.

Superb detail but that does make them delicate. The decks were a little twisted but a careful push back onto the chassis has sorted them out. I may add a little bit of glue once they have been run on the test track.

The other wagon is the KWW pocket container wagon from C-Rail. Again superb detail.

I have a few of each so these will replace the old Farish wagons once I have they have been weathered.

20191126_082517-picsay.jpg

20191126_082523-picsay.jpg

Nice wagons. 

which layout went to Warley?

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, GWRPhil said:

Nice wagons. 

which layout went to Warley?

None of mine as I was doing DCC demo. Dan had his Swiss layout and I did fit decoders to two HOm locos.

I didn't get chance to do anything to my N scale locos as busy installing decoders for others or chatting. All very enjoyable and likely to be doing the same thing next year.

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

None of mine as I was doing DCC demo. Dan had his Swiss layout and I did fit decoders to two HOm locos.

I didn't get chance to do anything to my N scale locos as busy installing decoders for others or chatting. All very enjoyable and likely to be doing the same thing next year.

That was cool to be doing dcc demo. Sounds like you had fun. 

• RMweb Premium
50 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

Oh yes. Fitted three Dapol O gauge locos with sound decoders. Very tempting to do a bit of O gauge especially a class 50 but must resist

I would never have the space for o gauge but have heard a class 55 sound in o gauge. The sound was incredible. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, GWRPhil said:

I would never have the space for o gauge but have heard a class 55 sound in o gauge. The sound was incredible. 

Big speakers. I recently upgraded my Heljan OO scale Crompton with two iPhone speakers and it sounds so much better

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

4 hours ago, roundhouse said:

They are pretty good considering their size and you would have to go for a much larger bass speaker to be able to better them IMHO

That’s cool mate where do you source you speakers from?

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, cornish trains jez said:

Morning all!

winding back the clock a little at Banbury. Enjoy!

best regards,

Jeremy

You started something with this video.

We are having a serious discussion as to wther we have enough stock to run Banbury by turning the clock back for a one off show. Whilst I have very little suitable stock we think that two of our team do.

It would mean running the layout without modification though and to find a show organiser keen to have it like this.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

You started something with this video.

We are having a serious discussion as to wther we have enough stock to run Banbury by turning the clock back for a one off show. Whilst I have very little suitable stock we think that two of our team do.

It would mean running the layout without modification though and to find a show organiser keen to have it like this.

I'm sure the show organisers would love to see this layout with an 80's twist!

• Like 1